Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ashenfield

re: Kingdoms of Amalur

With the steam sale of Kingdoms of Amalur, I've been jumping into it.

Damn good single player fun, and a hell of a cool battle mechanic.

Visuals are quite impressive.

Building a Chakram mage.  It's pretty damn fun. (Not me in video, merely my inspiration)

Playing thru again myself right now ... and it is a really grewat experience lotsa fun ..

In the process of downloading. Should be able to try it out tomorrow night.
Ashenfield

I'm liking the fighting.

It really makes you utilize dodging and blocking even as a mage class.  Can imagine a melee class would be pretty cool to play.  

Really enjoying this more the second time also , story is really amazing if you follow it closely , dont get to distracted by side quests...

Couple tips tho .. there are many many many quests ... stay on the main line and just pick up choice sidequests along the way or drop back and use them to lvl if you feel overmatched..

Reason for this ..

1. you will out level the main story ..

2. many of them have items to get .. or deliver etc .. and if you pick up to many you will inventory challenged quickly..So pick up a couple and if they require any item do them and clear inventory space..

3. one exception .. the second town you get to corrnac (i think it is) do the quest line in this town .. its a must .. i wont tell you why 

You know I really hate when game makers change shit like logins and such. I get KofA installed and running and it wants me to log in to my EA account. Easy enough. Go to Lastpass, find my info, type it in. No, sorry. Wrong. Double check, same thing. Go to the EA website and try to login and realize it wants Origin or whatever that crap was EA started. So I go grab my Origin info. Nope, sorry. Try to log into the Origin website and it says something about Mythic. For F's sakes! I use Lastpass for a reason, to keep the hundreds of passwords I use safe and within easy reach but now I have to figure out what the frig info they want. PITA! Grrrrr!
Ashenfield

Proabably easier to make a new account :)

Mine was my Origin account.

I cancelled the login and it continued on. I will mess with the other later. I have done the create new account before but that has usually led to other issues down the road. I did it with Guild Wars and GW2 and while I did get the two linked again I lost Aion to the ether.
Spidubic

I hate arbitrary decisions. So I am trying to log in to EA and Origin and find out that if I had opened a SWtoR account recently that it becomes my Origin account info. WTF? Seriously? I opened the SWtoR account when it first came out not recently. So why the change? So now I have yet another account saved because I don't want to get rid of the other in case it is needed for something else. Why would they decided because I made a SWtoR account that it is now my Origin info?
Ashenfield

Darkhawke wrote:

Really enjoying this more the second time also , story is really amazing if you follow it closely , dont get to distracted by side quests...

Couple tips tho .. there are many many many quests ... stay on the main line and just pick up choice sidequests along the way or drop back and use them to lvl if you feel overmatched..

Reason for this ..

1. you will out level the main story ..

2. many of them have items to get .. or deliver etc .. and if you pick up to many you will inventory challenged quickly..So pick up a couple and if they require any item do them and clear inventory space..

3. one exception .. the second town you get to corrnac (i think it is) do the quest line in this town .. its a must .. i wont tell you why 

3.  Yeah I got that one done pretty quick.  :)

And man, even barely trained sagecraft can make for some awesome money when you make gems.

Played about ten minutes last night. Looks intriguing. But I have to look at options to tone down the mouse movement. A slight twitch of the mouse and my guy is swiveling all over the place. Really can be a bit dizzying at times.
Ashenfield

Yeah, that was a complaint I saw on the forums, but easily fixed.

I'm actually playing it with my xbox360 controller.

It works quite well for it.

first time i played i felt that way also but after playing a while you get used to it works quite well and you at times need to be turning that quickly at least as a rouge , i am constantly dodgin and positioning .. I am playing using keyboard and mouse

Mouse and keyboard forever!!! I toned the camera down a couple of notches and it seems to be much better. Made it out of the well. Still experimenting with what I want for primary and secondary weapons.
Ashenfield

I've been using the chakrams for both primary and secondary.

I'm putting all my training points into the chakram skills and just keeping primary and secondary different damage types in case something is all resisty to my mad BBQ skills.  That way i don't have to spread points too thin to support different weapon types.

I don't mind the controller, the ui was made with a console type controller in mind so it works pretty well.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: