Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Darkhawke

re: The Greatest Story ever told.........continued.. LOTRO

i think subbing is stil the best option Spid and for that price a great deal... Also kepp in mind as a sub you will get 500 TP a month to your account , and you earn TP easily while playing i earned over 200 today .. By the time you need an expansion you may have enough to buy it with TP..

Just a note to anyone installing or reinstalling LotrO. Do NOT choose the instant play option. It installs Happy Cloud which I thought was just a downloader but it is needed to run LotrO after install. If you remove it the game ceases to function. And even though it claims it downloaded and installed the game I cannot find it anywhere. So I removed the whole thing and did the standard download which seems to be running better and does not  require Happy Cloud. So tonight I will jump into some skirmish and if all goes well I will sub for 3 months.

Darkhawke

Spidubic wrote:

Just a note to anyone installing or reinstalling LotrO. Do NOT choose the instant play option. It installs Happy Cloud which I thought was just a downloader but it is needed to run LotrO after install. If you remove it the game ceases to function. And even though it claims it downloaded and installed the game I cannot find it anywhere. So I removed the whole thing and did the standard download which seems to be running better and does not  require Happy Cloud. So tonight I will jump into some skirmish and if all goes well I will sub for 3 months.

hmm i wonder if this is the trouble Nidous is having?

If he is using it I would get rid of it and just do the standard download. It also has issues if I close the game and come back it says the game is still running when it is not and I have to reboot to solve the problem. Also seems to take forever to log me into the game.

Darkhawke

mailed you food and weed Spid

Weed? LOL

Torvalis

i have not had any issues with the happy cloud version.

I had nothing but issues. Installed it at work to speed up the download. Said it downloaded nearly 19 gigs then installed LotrO. Where I have no idea. First run would be no problem but if I exited the game and tried to play it again a little later it complained the game was already running. Shutting everything down in task manager did not help. Said game was still running. Only fix was to reboot. Also when running the game it would take 5 minutes to actually get me to the point I was logged into the game. Compared to less than 30 seconds for WoW or EQ2, not to mention The Secret World or STO. Was not happy with it at all. Full install minus Happy Cloud works much better at least to me.

Nidous

I've done full install both times. 

Spidubic

Full install launches much faster and seems more stable. Ended up doing a 3 month sub. $10 a month for 3 months. Buy two get one free basically. Could not really pass it up.
Darkhawke

Pickett is in Moria

In my web wanderings I discovered mention of Turbine having a LotrO license agreement with Tolkien Enterprises up till 2014. This year. Apparently Turbine has the option to extend to 2017. No idea if Tolkien Enterprises can deny that extension or not. Then I read about there being no expansion to LotrO this year. Not sure what to make of that. Whatever happens it looks like 2014 is going to be quite the year for LotrO.
Darkhawke

hmmmm .... something is wrong with that assumption .. Far as i know licsence was renewed and Turbine has stated they will be finishing what they started to Mordor and beyond...

Just noticed there was an update stating today LotrO Community Manager Sapience mentioned on the forums they have renewed the license through 2017.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> MMO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: