Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Spidubic

re: The Greatest Story ever told.........continued.. LOTRO

Doing a fresh install on my notebook. Will transfer it to the gaming computer when it is done and see what happens. Will also try it at work to see if it is my connection at home. I will know within 5 minutes of game time if it is going to work right.

Darkhawke

Spidubic wrote:

Doing a fresh install on my notebook. Will transfer it to the gaming computer when it is done and see what happens. Will also try it at work to see if it is my connection at home. I will know within 5 minutes of game time if it is going to work right.

Good luck Spid , would be greta to have you along .. really is anexceptional experience and shouldnt be missed by any MMO fan

Spidubic wrote:
Darkhawke wrote:
Spidubic wrote:
Oddly enough I have an odd hankering to give WoW a try. Even if it is for just a month. I kind of miss my Druid.

Or you could jump back into LOTRO with the rest of us.............

I could. Champion is sitting in North Downs. Or thereabouts. Would be glad to get him out of there and on to new lands. He has been stuck there for what seems like forever. But the lag every 30 seconds really gets to me and I never got that solved. Plus I am not overly happy with my Champion which means a possible character swap and then replaying North Downs again. Not really up for that. Right now just looking for some good plain fun. No aggravation which is what awaits me in LotrO.

I feel your pain on the North Downs part. It took me a long time to get out of there because I wasn't enjoying it, but I can also assure you that it's worth the push through. The game rapidly expands in options for places to quest/adventure and as you progress the "coolness" factor rises as well. Each zone is uniquely different than the last and the stories are all their own while intertwining with each other and the overall arcing epic quests. I'm enjoying Angmar a whole lot and Rico is always reminding me of how awesome Moria and zones beyond are. There are a couple zones now that I've skipped entirely because I was so busy in another.

For example, at my current level of 43 I have FOUR zones I can choose to quest/adventure in, and some quests have you traveling to multiple zones to get you introduced there for quests. Even if you have no interest, it's not required you complete all those zones to progress. 

Spidubic

Finally got LotrO installed and managed to get in game after a wait of 5+ minutes. Lag appears to be mostly gone. Tons of changes, so much to figure out. Finished a quest I have been working on for years. This resulted in the notice that to continue playing I need to buy the Northdowns quest pack. I am pretty sure that was part of LotrO when I bought the game but Turbine still wants $8 for me to move on. Not entirely sure I am ready to buy into LotrO at the moment. Need to play some more but maybe on an alt as I am supremely sick of ND. On the WoW side I got a 10 day trial and logged in to WoW for the first time in a year or so. First act was to take control of the guild from Dizz. Mwahahahaha! Out you go Dizz. Beyond that it to has a ton of changes to absorb. Pretty sure at this point I will not be playing WoW beyond the trial. Even more to relearn and inventory full of stuff I have no idea of the worth of or use for.
Dizzarian

I'm really enjoying this time around.  My RK just reached 48 and I'm leveling about a level a day now.   I've figured out a few things that have speed up my leveling.

For one,  if you vip, make sure you always log out in a camp so you have rested xp the next day.  Then when you're out go to your perks (it's in your currency window which you can get to by the button in the upper righthand corner of the mini map) and use the xp rested bonus there.  There's a limit on these per day but it's usually enough to get you close to a level.  

Next while you're doing quest you'll get task items, for gods sake don't delete these if they come from the area you're leveling in.  Go to the task board and take the task for any of them you have at least 10 items for and turn them in.  You can do this 5 times a day for a lot of xp and you can up the number of task you can do per day if you pay 20 mith coin per extra task.

Also if you've ever preordered an expansion you should have a pocket item that gives you a 25% extra bonus to all kills and such.  If you haven't I think you can find one the market for 500 points that will do the same, just search for pocket.

Some really great areas 45+, I can't wait for moria.

Darkhawke

Spidubic wrote:
Finally got LotrO installed and managed to get in game after a wait of 5+ minutes. Lag appears to be mostly gone. Tons of changes, so much to figure out. Finished a quest I have been working on for years. This resulted in the notice that to continue playing I need to buy the Northdowns quest pack. I am pretty sure that was part of LotrO when I bought the game but Turbine still wants $8 for me to move on. Not entirely sure I am ready to buy into LotrO at the moment. Need to play some more but maybe on an alt as I am supremely sick of ND. On the WoW side I got a 10 day trial and logged in to WoW for the first time in a year or so. First act was to take control of the guild from Dizz. Mwahahahaha! Out you go Dizz. Beyond that it to has a ton of changes to absorb. Pretty sure at this point I will not be playing WoW beyond the trial. Even more to relearn and inventory full of stuff I have no idea of the worth of or use for.

I know Nidous grabbed 4 expansions for 20$ .. on sale .. thats all the expansions accept the latest Rohan ,... dont know if that sale is still active ...

Part of me thinks I need to start a new character and learn all over again. Or just mess around with my current character at lower levels to relearn.
Darkhawke

Spidubic wrote:
Part of me thinks I need to start a new character and learn all over again. Or just mess around with my current character at lower levels to relearn.

Amokk.. nidous is making you a set of armor.. then jump into some skirmishes with us .. it will be a controlled event that will allow you to relearn the Champ while having some great fun .. And you can earn some marks to grab excellent cloaks , weapons and jewelry...

My new House

nice, here's an awesome shot I took in forochel the other day

Darkhawke

Dizzarian wrote:

nice, here's an awesome shot I took in forochel the other day

yea that is a nice shot .. Forochel is a great zone

Hit 40 tonight after doing a couple of skirmish. Looking into options to continue playing for a bit. Slowly getting back up to speed although I feel like I am not using my Champion's skills as well as they could be used.
Nidous

Spidubic wrote:
Hit 40 tonight after doing a couple of skirmish. Looking into options to continue playing for a bit. Slowly getting back up to speed although I feel like I am not using my Champion's skills as well as they could be used.

I definitely think it's worth the $15/month. Great game all around. I have few negatives to say about it, and they are picky opinions instead of game faults.

Spidubic

So many choices. I can: 1) Buy the quest pack. Eriador Bundle. 2) Buy expansions. 3) Sub monthly. Not entirely sure what is the best way to go about it. Monthly sub appears to get me access to what the quest pack does but on a monthly basis. Plus unlocks stuff free does not get. Expansions get me the quests for the given level. Do I get the quest pack for $40 and play for free or sub for 3 months at $9.99 x 3 or $30? Do I buy expansions or wait till I am the level for them?
Nidous

Grungdar the Guardian taking a smoke break in Forochel.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> MMO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: