Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Darkhawke

re: STO and Neverwinter

Having taken a small break from EQ2 ,, staying subbed waiting on ToV ... The STO thread peaked my interest to try the space game again .. And i am glad i did , first off i always sub .. till now .. so far the STO F2P model is done so well i havent had the need to at all.. Second this game is light years better now than at its launch .. in every way Space and ground combat are fun tacticcal exciting and rewearding ... really having a blast in this top notch MMO , Second i also reinstalled NW as the exp including the Ranger is due out by Xmas , so really looking forward to trying that ... NW F2P is also friendly .. ...

Tried STO a while back. Could not get into it. Tried with my original character but felt lost. Started a new one but did not get very far. Might have to retry. Most likely I will test the NW waters first. Still dabbling in EQ2.
Spidubic

Tried STO a while back. Could not get into it. Tried with my original character but felt lost. Started a new one but did not get very far. Might have to retry. Most likely I will test the NW waters first. Still dabbling in EQ2.
Darkhawke

hit lvl 30 Capt in STO this weekend , and must say this MMO gets better and better , hands down best MMO experience this year .. top notch immersive, tactical , challenging , thought provoking , rewarding , exciting ,, what more ya need ... ohh did i mention F2P ...

Played through a few intro missions last night since I woke up in the middle of the night.

Seems a bit smoother and more engaging than the 15 minutes of it I played so long ago.

Updated STO this morning. Looks like 1.6 gigs. Maybe it has been a while since I played last. My original character is level 19. Not sure why I stopped there instead of pushing to 20. Oh well. May give it another go. Much like other games I have not played for a while last time I just felt out of touch with how to play and what to do. Even after creating a new character I still felt lost. Maybe I need more time.

Darkhawke

i recall you expressing the same sentiments when you trywed EQ2 again the time before last ... 

And you got thru the second time... 

You really just gotta take yer time with this game and lket the game play you so to say .. I know at its launch Spid you were its biggest supporter, at least in our circle and i know i shredded at the time ..  Deserivgly so .. But Cryptic has really polished this game into a truly immersive Star Trek world... so just get in there and if you have any questions just ask ... in game , thru steam or in Mumble ill try to help..

And if anyone wants i have joined a flett that is new .. Its not even tier 1 yet we are trying to build our first Dilith mine and embassy ... its leader is a very experienced player that wanted to start there own Fleet .. small group .... nice place to start .. if you want an invite ..

Still enjoying.  Rank 8.

I keep scanning anomolies, but as of yet I still have no idea what to do with the resulting items :)

The space battles are lots of fun.  So much to keep track of.  Attack vectors, shield levels, evasive maneuvers...good times :)

Craving bigger ships and more guns :)

Ashenfield wrote:

Still enjoying.  Rank 8.

I keep scanning anomolies, but as of yet I still have no idea what to do with the resulting items :)

My inventory is full of stuff I have no idea what to do with. Assume it is for crafting? May just sell it all off.

Darkhawke

yea htose are all crafting  mats... so save them in your bank .. if anyone decides to craft...

Yea the better the ships the more Bridge officers you get and slots for equipment ,giving more skills to load out and gear ... Really gets soooo deep .. as you level and you promte Bridge officers ... Then you have your duty officers which you send out on assignemnts .. i have 78 currently , and am constantly sending out teams on miisions... dont overlokk this great part of the game...

Now , Dilithium is a the main currency for many good things .. there are dailys that will yield up to 1500 per day ..  i will get there names and info and post them here .. you can trade it in at the store for some gear etcc....

No idea what they do but I found my Duty Officers (looks like I have 18) and far as I know sent them out on missions. Actually found a couple of Duty Officer packs in my Inventory. Slowly getting the feel for STO again.
Darkhawke

Spidubic wrote:
No idea what they do but I found my Duty Officers (looks like I have 18) and far as I know sent them out on missions. Actually found a couple of Duty Officer packs in my Inventory. Slowly getting the feel for STO again.

Duty Officers and assignments that go with them , are a really cool mechanic for gaining Experience , Currency, , Items , temporary ship buffs .. etcc..

I set 17 aasignments last nite , 10 had completed when i got home , got a bunch of xp a couple buffs 580 dilithium and some energy credits..

Playing STO a little more. Did the Episode 8 mission Sphere of Influence which netted me an Obelisk Carrier. Kick ass ship that can launch fighters. Only downside is I cannot use it till I become a Vice Admiral in 30 odd levels. Doh!
Darkhawke

Spidubic wrote:
Playing STO a little more. Did the Episode 8 mission Sphere of Influence which netted me an Obelisk Carrier. Kick ass ship that can launch fighters. Only downside is I cannot use it till I become a Vice Admiral in 30 odd levels. Doh!

That is such a great story line.. I am really impressed with the episodes all of them are well written and well done ,with great challenge and reward...

Once you hit 20 the levels really seem to go fast , following the episodes is a great way to lvl , the give lots of xp... Doing Fleet actions are great fun , and great experience also , (but you need to be in a fleet for that) ..I am in a fleet its a new fleet that a vet player has just started she wanted her own flett and we have just now got our T1 sytarbase , its a small fleet with a nice mix of new and vet players .... Lewt me know if ya want an invite Amokk, Dizz has joined , and hoping you and Pain will come along Ash also if hes palying..

Back to the leveling , i am at lvl 47 Amok .. yes that fast .. if there is a gripe about STO that i hear ,its that is to short ... The Story ;lines that is .. But thet are introducing more and i plan on lvlving an Engie next ... Such a great game ... 

I have left the Fleet I was in so I am open for an invitation Rico.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> MMO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: