Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Spidubic

re: EQ2 - no place like home

Neither did I.
Spidubic

Took Ogek my 83 Monk out to quest tonight. Something is wrong, not sure what but he sucked. His Templar Mercenary kills faster than he does. Blue enemies pose a serious threat. One he can kill but two together forget it. Yet my 33 BL can take on two yellows and live.
Dizzarian

The merc are a bit op but ogek should be holding his own maybe you're missing some skills on him
Ashenfield

I can't use mercs

Dizzarian wrote:
The merc are a bit op but ogek should be holding his own maybe you're missing some skills on him

I may have figured it out. All my skills on Ogek were Master. So if say Fist of Doom V is Master and locked what replaces it? Fist of Doom IV or just Expert Fist of Doom V? I also have a ton of AA points unspent as I am not sure which trees I want to go up. But could lacking them make Ogek super weak?

Ashenfield wrote:
I can't use mercs

I rarely use Mercs. But they come in super handy on a hard quest. Both my guys who have them are using the Templar so he keeps you healed up. Yup, my healer was out DPS my Monk.
Dizzarian

Oh yes AA's are very important and have to be spent to keep up with the content some dramatically change the skills you use all the time.

I use mercs all the time, they can really help you level faster or just get through tough content.

I'm not for sure how the locked master skills work I'd think they'd down level them to an Adept skill level but haven't seen it said.
Spidubic

Dizzarian wrote:
Oh yes AA's are very important and have to be spent to keep up with the content some dramatically change the skills you use all the time.

I use mercs all the time, they can really help you level faster or just get through tough content.

Now that I think of it last time I played and my AA were reset I went through the same thing. So I have filled out 2/3 of my AA points.

Mercs are awesome. On my Beastlord with my Merc and pet out it is like playing with two other players. You literally blow through the content and can accomplish things you could never do solo. That said I usually don't use my Merc until things get hairy. First off I usually forget about him. And secondly it kind of feels like cheating the way the mobs drop and you stay fully healed.
Spidubic

Okay, so I was right and I have missed two expansions. Destiny of Velious and the newest Chains of Eternity. If I buy CoE I apparently get DoV. So...........
Darkhawke

DoV is a great exp and when you get to 85 you must have it , there ois a shitload of content that is just awesoem and the gear you get in Great Divide, Easren Watses and such is really really good....

i broke down and got the streaming client. i am not sure what expansions i have or anything like that, but they moved all my characters to a server called "oasis", except for two, that are on unrest. so, if you are going to play on antonia bayle, i will have to make a new char. i was fairly upset, because all of the gear i had on my main (which was already equipped) was unusable, and i had to PAY to equip items (wtf). luckily, i already had a bunch of SC because i play PS2. let me know what is going on, and i will figure something out.

We're playing on unrest so no worries there Happy
Spidubic

So I bought the Chains of Eternity expansion which did give me Destiny of Velious after logging in and out. But I guess they no longer give you a free month. Ugh! So I resubbed. Of course I realized tonight seeing Rico pulling in all this Legendary loot that Sony is sneaky. Playing EQ2 as a free to play game means you cannot use the Legendary loot unless you pay SC to unlock it. Or subscribe. So once you see all the cool loot you can use then you end up subscribing.

Just looked at my subscription info. June 5th 2006 was the day I first subscribed to EQ2. Seven years.........
Spidubic

So much to do in EQ2. Finally leveled my Provisioner to 73! Getting closer to 84 Monk and then the push to 85 so I can fly! Well my mount can. Also made Ogek a Tinkerer, Adorner, Transmuter, and possibly something else. Plus I want to level my alts, both adventure and crafting. Anyone want to work for me?
Torvalis

25 dollars per hour. when cam i get started?

Leveled my Provisioner from 72 to 77 so I can now make myself level 80 long lasting food. Two bars from adventure level 84 as well so getting closer to 85. Enjoying the return to EQ2 and wonder why I left.

Added a couple of new quest items to my house last night as well. IMHO there is no better housing that in EQ2. It offers a lot of options as well as being easy to use. I know Rift allows you to basically build your house board by board or brick by brick but the UI is painful and slow to do anything. EQ2 nailed it.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> EQ2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: