Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkhawke

re: EQ Next

Heres a link to official site .. we can update any info here as it comes out , 8/2 will be a big day for Next ..

https://www.everquestnext.com/

yeah, i am totally stoked about this game.

Sweet this is what i want more than anything.
Spidubic

Can't wait but not getting my hopes up.
Darkhawke

Lots of new info and sone great stuff enjoy and discuss..

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/952/feature/7640/EverQuest-Next-The-Future-of-the-MMORPG-Lies-in-Norrath.html

I signed up for he beta. Then started reading. Sony is really going all out and it sounds freaking awesome. But. I worry hey are overhyping the crap out of EQNext and that when it o es out even f it is a fantastic game people will be disappointed.
Torvalis

i watched the whole reveal thing live on twitch, this afternoon. i do have to say, some of the stuff they introduced was pretty amazing, and seemed too good to be true. destructible environments? building your own cities/houses, etc. like minecraft? player made (not just crafting, but completely designed) objects, armor, weapons? the new ai that "thinks" with no static spawns? a lot of it is quite outlandish, and could be really cool, if it works. or it could totally bomb.

i think how the constructor works is you can build anything you want out of game ... but you must submit it to SOE for approval ..... Ohter wise you would have some very creative and disturbing things, i am sure in game..

Well i have had a chanc to read and absorb the vast amount of info that was released the past couple of days and i am having some real concerns about thie direction of this game ..

1. Horizontal Progression- ala GW2 .. this is a horrible game mechanic that i was hoping would die , but apparently SOE has decided to take it further with there next version of hrmmmmm EQ . Horizontal Progression = No Progression in my eyes , a very boring game with little incentive, reward ot sense of acccomplishment...

2. Gear ..- No Stat on gear .. for real ..in an EQ IP i am at a lack of words at how foolish this move is ..

3. Graphics.. and you all know i am know graphic whore but the Disney child like approach is just bad..

Hopefully they change some of these ideas or they will be alienating there entire player base from EQ1 and 2 from there new game..Most i can do at this point is stay active on there polls and vote on there forums in any way to hopefully change these ideas or i wont be installing this next version of , and i loose the term loosely "EQ" .. becasue with these mechanics this "will " not be an EQ game in many EQ vet eyes ..

EQN is going to be an interesting game to watch develop. So many hopes and dreams weight heavily on it. Can they really break the mold and take MMOs to the next level? Will it be a real sandbox or not?

My wants:

As much as I love the ding of levels I would love a world where you don't outgrow a zone. By the time you are high level 90% of the world is grey to you.

I like the idea of no ? above quest givers heads. About exploring the world and discovering things on your own. It would be nice not to feel pressure to level or push through zones.

Housing. As big a part of EQ2 as housing is there was no mention of it. No housing is a big negative.

Crafting needs to be important. Return to the days of durability. Everything should wear out and need to be fixed or replaced. Let a person be able to pay EQN without ever having to enter combat. If they want to sit in town and craft then go for it. They will need to realize if they do end up fighting they won't be as skilled as so done who has honed their fighting skills. But then again the fighter won't be as good at fixing his armour.
Spidubic

Reading Keen's blog and that pointed out another thing a new MMO should have. Strategic use of skills, mana conservation, and crowd control. Instead of mashing keys in a certain timed order over and over not worrying about mana or using AoE to bring other mobs it would be cool to have to think more. I remember many years ago when someone was responsible for mezzing adds while we took down the main guy. Or waiting for mana to rebuild before moving on. I would like to see crowd control make a return in EQN. For example my Monk has never really been a great tank or a great DPSer so maybe in EQN he could be CC. He could use pressure points to paralyze mobs for example. Perhaps a Mage or Wizard could be DPS but the Warlock uses spells to stun the mobs we are not fighting. Today there really is not a lot of strategy in MMO fights. Less buttons on the hotbar and more thinking in what to press.

Also would love to see the return of timed buffs. Nowadays I have buffs that are on even through death and have no timer. I want buffs that last 1 hour, buffs that are noticeable when they fade. And buffs you can place on a passing player just because you can. I want a player to run through town looking for a Wizard to cast his HP buff.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> MMO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: