Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Spidubic

re: Amokk shooting his WoT

I tried to be funny in the title but I think it failed.

Anyway this is my thread for posting thoughts and adventures in World of Tanks for how ever long it lasts. Right now other than a heavy tank I have at least one of each of the other types spread over tier 1 to tier 4. Light and tank destroyer are the two I have played most. SPG and medium I will get baptized in tonight. wink Heavy is going to require a few days of playing my medium. Each tank has its own job and I am slowly learning how best to utilize each. I have learned I need to keep moving as stopping is death. But I also need to get better at aiming and moving, then stopping and shooting. I stop, take too long to aim, then get shot. Plus I need to settle in and play one tank for a while so I can get the crews trained up to 100%.

Tiers are basically level groups. Each tank fits into several tiers. My lowly tier 1 tank can find itself in a match with tier 1-3. My tier 3 tank may be in tier 2-5. So you are never truly over-matched. More like easy-medium-hard. The higher tiers do require more experience driving tanks and I assume the leveling is designed to gradually do this as you move up. Which is why as I move up I will still likely play most times in lower tiers as I have a long way to go and a lot to learn.

Overall with WoT being a PvP game I have been lucky to be grouping with pretty good people. One teammate did shoot me in the back blowing up my tank right at the start yet claim it was not him. Another followed me and kept me from doing anything till we both got blown up then asked if I wanted to be on youtube. Beyond that most seem to be playing for the fun of it and even when losing seem okay with it not all pissy. This might change in the higher tiers. We shall see.
Spidubic

I will be so glad to get my KV1. Then I can sell the T-28. I hate this tank. Good front armor, paper side armor. Medium tank but looks big as a barn. Can't hide, can't run. I know I just need to learn to play it right but I still hate it.
Spidubic

Weekend of ups and downs. I am not enjoying my T-28. Not sure what to do to help that. But at least I have had victories in it so that is helping on my quest for the KV1. Had fun times in my SPG, actually ended up being last man standing in one battle. I do love when I get positioned right and am able to plink tanks from far away. That satisfying boom when I drop the hammer on an opposing tank or artillery that is just sitting there. Or even better when I score a hit on a moving target. Also had a simply awesome game with my T-46. Got several metals including Mastery along with four kills and several crits on other tanks. Think it was my best game yet. Great moment was sitting on the opposite side of a train from an enemy. Both of us were at 28% health. I was laying back waiting to see what he would do. Ten decided screw it and laid the sight on his tank and zipped around the end of the train. I scored the kill just as another enemy tank came up behind me and score the kill on me. Had I waited I would be dead and the other guy still alive. Good times. Of course I also spent a lot of time losing battles and worse getting killed moments in. Of course I also ended up on the other end of artillery and died to the boom. Overall still a great weekend.
Spidubic

Did some reading on the forums about the T-28. Going to give it another chance. It is still basically stock so I need to gain some XP to grab the gun everyone seems to love. And change the style of play a bit and see how it goes.
Torvalis

sounds good, i hope you like the kv1 when you get it. i have just been trying to get xp on my m5 stuart, i really want to unlock the chaffee (its the t5 elite light tank), but it takes 55k xp and costs 600k. its going to take quite some time it seems.

36000XP for the KV1. Not as bad but still a chunk. Problem is I am having so much fun with the lower tier tanks it is hard to get a steady XP intake on the T-28. On a good note I took the T-28 out last night and had a blast. The gun change was worth it. Although I have 2000XP to go before I get the great gun. I am learning a lot with the T-28. The gun I was using has higher dps but lower penetration than the gun I am using now. But the new gun is far superior mainly due to its penetration. I am also staying back and sniping more as well as keeping my sides and back protected.

On another note I am thinking I may have to start making some decisions on tanks in my garage soon as I am getting quite full. Lower tier tank destroyer will likely be the first to go. Fun to play but I enjoy my lower tier light tanks better.
Torvalis

yeah, i try to snipe as much as possible. something i have noticed for that too is, i have a button to change the dps on my mouse and the lowest setting helps A LOT with faster target acquisition times on far away targets. i dont know if you are doing this already, but something to think about. so far, i havent really had any outstanding weapons on the light tanks, but my m5 stuart has a 75mm howitzer, it has basically no frontal penetration, but if i hit them in the rear it can cause a one shot kill on occasions.

I have the dps setting on my mouse, will have to try it. Light tanks really don't have a lot of great weapons. I think they are more for scouting. Depending on the map and tier I either park myself in a bush and ping the enemy as they attack. Light vs light the gun does okay. Or I will sneak around and try to flank the enemy or stop their flanking maneuver. My one light has an auto cannon on it which actually does pretty decent damage on other light tanks. Each hit is low damage but when multiplied it can wear a tank down.
Spidubic

Got in a good play session last night and much to my surprise managed to pick up the KV1. It was suppose to cost 33k XP but after buying the gun that leads to it I noticed the cost was only 13k XP which I had. So......

KV1 is a heavy and my first of these big boys and I must say it really feels like a heavy. I am impressed with WoT and how the designers got the feel of the tanks just right. Light and medium tanks with underpowered engines feel slow as well but the heavy has a different feel. Like they designed in the weight. Quite a good job. Once under way the KV1 feels more spry but you never forget you are driving a heavy. Mind you it will take a while to see if I like being a heavy. Seems like they have more responsibility on the battlefield, a more important job. Not sure I want that. Plus I am getting into the tiers where people know what they are doing. At least I can still drop down tiers and play other tanks.

Also picked up the T-80, tier 4 light tank. Leads to the T-34 tier 5 medium which will give me some nice options for playing in that range.

Overall still having fun in WoT. Loving the fact I can still play my first tank and have fun.
Spidubic

Learning continues.

Got my first kills in my KV1 last night. Really does take some getting use to after the speedy light tanks. KV1 does get some speed up on flat ground so it can move but it feels very heavy. Which it is of course. She can take some damage and has less to worry about on the field except when battles end up with tier 6 heavies. Under cover I can sit and lay a hurt on the light tanks that happen to stop in the wrong spot. In town settings it is nice to have buidings to help force tanks to shoot at my front as it is better protected.

Also played my T-80 tier 4 light tank last night and had a blast. Move and shoot, shoot and move. Don't stop or you are going to die.

And of course for a chance of pace I played my tier 1 and 2 guys. Still loads of fun and a little slower pace which is always a nice break.
Spidubic

Did not play as much as I had hoped over the weekend. And when I did it was up and down like a roller coaster. I had some awesome matches and some where I got killed really quick. I am finding me and my heavy KV-1 are best suited for the streets. Out in the country I end up getting blown up fairly fast. But if I have places to duck into and buildings to keep between me and my enemy I do better. Same with the T-28. It is better suited for sniping. I have found myself enjoying the speed and maneuverability of light tanks lately. I know one wrong hit and I can be dead in the water but it is quite fun to bob and weave scouting out enemy tanks allowing the heavies or artillery put and end to them. Hoping to get into a better medium tank than my T-28 as I think a smaller medium might be my perfect tank. Small and fast with more damage output.
Torvalis

yeah, thats why i am enjoying the M7. its a very light medium tank with 60kph top speed, a good radio, and a pretty heavy gun. it is the t5 tank down the american light tank line (not sure why they throw a few medium tanks in there at the final tiers).

I find I do better in the heavies on certain maps. Same with my T-28 medium. Mind you this could simply be my inexperience or lack of tactical knowledge in tanks. Light tanks I can run on any map. I have been trying to be more of a scout in my lights but that tends to lead to more early deaths. At the moment I am shooting for three tanks, all different.

T-50 Light. Very fast and maneuverable. Crap gun and weak armor. Supposedly great for scouting.

T-34 Medium. Hoping for less of a barn than the T-28.

T-150 Heavy. Next step past the KV-1.

Part of me is thinking I need to start running forward and finding a good spot to hide then let the enemy go past and attack from the rear.
Spidubic

Well last night was not the best night in WoT. My teams still did their fair share of winning I was just typically dead on the side of the road, killed in less than a minute. Either I picked the route the majority of enemies were taking or just ran into a couple of really good players. Not fun times. But I did get my T-50 and yes it is all they said it was. Crap armor and weak gun but boy she is fast. 60kph top speed and very maneuverable. I can bob and weave like mad. I even managed in one match to get behind the lines and scare both artillery out of hiding. I did not do much damage to them personally but I did get both killed.
Spidubic

Son of a......! This weekend the T-50 is on for 50% off. Damnit! Damnit! Damnit!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: