Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidubic

re: A return to STO? Or something else?

Bored and looking for something different to play I figured why not give the now F2P Star Trek Online another go. I learned just how long it has been since I played it last. Had to convert and merge my Cryptic Champions Online and Star Trek Online accounts with a new Perfect World account. Finally got that done and realized I was gigs of downloads behind in updates. Brought the notebook to work to get things updated and finally logged in. And learned I have forgotten most of what I knew about STO. So now I am debating if it is worth just starting over with a new level 1 character. But do I go same class or different? Or even bother? Once I got in and realized how out of touch I was with STO I am now second guessing whether I give it a go or just forget it. LOL It would be interesting to play a game where I am something other than a sword wielding armor wearing warrior.. Phasers and Torpedoes!

Last edited by Spidubic on 2013/03/26 14:04; edited 1 time in total
Torvalis

yeah, i did the same thing a few months ago. didnt take much to get to level 50. but, they are adding romulans as a playable race, soon.

My first guy petered out at level 19. I think I lasted the free month that came with the game.
Spidubic

Since I had updated STO at work I decided why not update EQ2 as there was 1.5 gigs of updates awaiting me. Will be curious to see what EQ2 is like after the new F2P changes and perhaps my longest time away from it. I think I am one or two, maybe more expansion packs behind.
Spidubic

Download when quite fast. Logged and found I have access to all my inventory slots and bank slots as well as a higher limit on plat. All awesome in my opinion. But right off the bat I felt totally overwhelmed. My AA points were reset so now I have to redo them. And hotbars...........holy hotbars Batman! I have so many bars with so many skills. Forgot what a high level character had for skills and such. Awesome but Ugh! Think I may do better relearning STO. I am so out of the loop in EQ2. It was and still is one of my all time favorite MMOs but it has been too long. Not sure I can ever get back into the swing of things.
Darkhawke

Both are great choices Spid .. STO has come along way since its rocky launch and is now actually a very good game and immersive'..

Let us know if you decide to play one of the for any extended time ..

Played a bit of STO tonight. Ended up making a new character since I felt rather lost on my main guy. Been so long since I played last figured this was the best way to relearn. It is a nice change from other MMOs just not sure it is going to hold my attention. We shall see.
Spidubic

STO is a bust. Try as I might I just could not get into it. Even rolling a new character. It is fun and interesting but nothing about it was making me want to play. Still dabbling in Rift at the moment. The mobile app is keeping me logging in at least to use or auction items I receive from the app. I have been playing my Warrior and he is creeping towards 51. Even with rest XP progress is laboriously slow. Quest turn ins in the new areas barely blip my XP bar. Hoping the ding at 51 will get me excited enough to continue forward.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> MMO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: