Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ashenfield

re: PoE Builds

PASSIVE SKILL TREE TOOL
--------------------------

So for the group (and maybe for myself) I'm thinking a shock witch would be fun.

Heavy investment in Shock damage, Crit chance, and Energy Shields.
Energy shields because I would move toward the Chaos Innoculation Keystone which makes me immune to Chaos damage, sets my HP to 1 and increases all energy shields by 50%.

Why would I want that? An energy shield regenerates very fast, no need for health pots so I can have more mana pots available, and items that have bonuses "when at full health" are constantly active.

For a group the minions are less valuable, and if anyone uses cold damage, many mobs will shatter making them useless to re-animate.

This is what I have so far.

Ash's Shock Witch

Last edited by Ashenfield on 2013/01/04 11:28; edited 1 time in total

I am debating two options.

Marauder:
Geared towards one handed mastery and shield mastery as well as armor. Gives me two options. Sword and shield for more damage absorption or go duel wield for more damage. Depends on the situation. Figure him to be the groupie as he can deal damage or take it. Not sure how DPS heavy our group will be or if a tank will be needed.
Group Love

Duelist:
Some shield help but more speed and avoidance plus blocking when duel wielding. He might be my solo guy.
Speedy Soloer

EDIT: May reverse that as the duelist is quite fragile. Soloing he goes down quite fast.
Darkhawke

Something to think about and may need to be confirmed.. I know ..

:Fact: POisons and Bleeds ignore Energy Field and go right for the good stuff .. HPs ..

Now wether that translates from player to Mob from Mob to pLayer i dunno..

I think it would...

And another thing .. you will notice after playing a while ..its suttle .. and i think balanced well but you will notice that some mobs will use your exact tactics against you..

re: Re: PoE Builds

Ashenfield wrote:
So for the group (and maybe for myself) I'm thinking a shock witch would be fun.

Heavy investment in Shock damage, Crit chance, and Energy Shields.
Energy shields because I would move toward the Chaos Innoculation Keystone which makes me immune to Chaos damage, sets my HP to 1 and increases all energy shields by 50%.

Why would I want that? An energy shield regenerates very fast, no need for health pots so I can have more mana pots available, and items that have bonuses "when at full health" are constantly active.

For a group the minions are less valuable, and if anyone uses cold damage, many mobs will shatter making them useless to re-animate.

This is what I have so far.

Ash's Shock Witch

Something to consider .. to the left of the main Hub where you grabbed Fire/Resistx2 and Ele resist 6% all .. I think it would b worth a look to skip past that go down and back up grab the 40% mana regen then hit the Elemnetal damage hub , 31% incresed damage there and you will get 10% Ele resist anyway .. bUt you need to pick up a couple more points elsewhere to get that ..

31% is a lot of Damage... But overall a pretty interesting approach

Darkhawke wrote:

:Fact: POisons and Bleeds ignore Energy Field and go right for the good stuff .. HPs ..

From what I can see, Poisons are considered Chaos damage, and as such would be mitigated by the chaos immunity.
Bleeds would be in the same class I assume.

the 5 damage types in the game are Physical, Fire, Cold, Lightning, and Chaos.

Spidubic wrote:
I am debating two options.

Marauder:
Geared towards one handed mastery and shield mastery as well as armor. Gives me two options. Sword and shield for more damage absorption or go duel wield for more damage. Depends on the situation. Figure him to be the groupie as he can deal damage or take it. Not sure how DPS heavy our group will be or if a tank will be needed.
Group Love

Duelist:
Some shield help but more speed and avoidance plus blocking when duel wielding. He might be my solo guy.
Speedy Soloer

EDIT: May reverse that as the duelist is quite fragile. Soloing he goes down quite fast.

The first one looks solid so far Spid..

The Second i am not so sure if you will be hurting yourself by Speccing Dual-Wileld and Shield.. its a conflict to me

Ashenfield wrote:
Darkhawke wrote:

From what I can see, Poisons are considered Chaos damage, and as such would be mitigated by the chaos immunity.
Bleeds would be in the same class I assume.

the 5 damage types in the game are Physical, Fire, Cold, Lightning, and Chaos.

Hmph .. yea thstd why isaid neede to confirm.. but like i said my Poison Arrow on my RAnger completely ignores Ene Shield but in your case should be good'.. I would assume Bleeds to be Physical?

Darkhawke wrote:

The first one looks solid so far Spid..

The Second i am not so sure if you will be hurting yourself by Speccing Dual-Wileld and Shield.. its a conflict to me

Duelist can use a bow by the looks of the tree so I might see what I can do that way instead of the shield. So far I am liking the Marauder the best. Might just make two. One for solo and one for group.
Ashenfield

Good call.
Pulled back on some things, like shock duration, the buff effects, and a lightning specific increase in favour of the overall elemental increase.

Ash's Shock Witch (v2)

Darkhawke wrote:

Hmph .. yea thstd why isaid neede to confirm.. but like i said my Poison Arrow on my RAnger completely ignores Ene Shield but in your case should be good'.. I would assume Bleeds to be Physical?

I'm assuming it's physical, but if it ignores energy shields now it's likely chaos as that's the only one of the 5 damage types that ignore energy shield.

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Chaos_Damage#Chaos_Damage

Ash can you sticky link the Passive Tool to top of this thread?

Done.

Please note: for linking builds with the BBcode checkbox set in the tool, you have to remove the quotes from the URL.

Example:
Code: Select all
[url="http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA"]Passive skill tree build[/url]

needs to be:
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA]Passive skill tree build[/url]

Templar build in Progress will keep Updating ..

Passive skill tree build

This is an AOE Cold Damage , One Hand Mace with Shield ....

will also use a variety of Totems depending on situation

I plan on contining to the left on the upper branch to the % Cold Damage increase for now..

Real nice 2 hand Staff that may good g for Ash .. let me know

Last edited by Darkhawke on 2013/01/04 14:05; edited 1 time in total

Updated build and just Defeated Brutus in the Prison woth it .. was very different from my Ranger fight .. Very fun and challenging tho as i used my Decoy Totem to get his attention .. jump in get a few wacks move out rinse repeat while dodging his chain pull.. Some nice drops from the big guy also

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: