Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Spidubic

re: POE wipe and OB info

Part of the problem is cost to get it out there verses number of people you reach. In town there are houses side by side. A lot of people can be reached with a short cable run. To get something like cable out to us you are looking at 5km of cable to be run and maybe 50 houses to reach. For the company it is simply not worth the cost.

There are pluses to living in the country. Not sure I would want to move back to town. It is quiet, very quiet. No sidewalks and a lot less people walking about. And the stars at night when you go out in the backyard. Having a big back yard that when the leaves are on the trees makes you think no one else is around.
Ashenfield

Yeah, I know how that is, but as tech increases you should be able to get some benefits eventually.
Bell for instance is always getting better at extending their existing network over copper with upgraded dslams and signal extenders.
And I'm not sure who you use for the wireless but that tech is getting better all the time as well. Just have to keep bugging the guys until they give in and upgrade their hardware. Happy

I would imagine Bell will be the first to get higher high speed out to us since we do have land lines out here whereas there is no cable lines out here. Kwic is our provider. When we moved here they had just put the tower up (the only reason I said okay to the move otherwise it was only dial up here) and the speed had just been bumped from .5 to 1.5. I think it will be a tie as to who gets here first. Kwic with higher wireless speed or Bell with phone line high speed.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> Path of Exile All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: