Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Spidubic

re: POE wipe and OB info

Played a Templar tonight for a bit. Loving him. I have Glacial Hammer and an AoE skill which is pretty handy. Looks like he may be my solo guy and the Marauder is my grouper.
Ashenfield

Playing my level 28 witch with the minion instability skill is a blast (pun intended)
In act 2 there was a bandit leader (oak) that was wiping the floor with me. I eventually realized he would focus on my summoned skeletons and one shot them all with an AoE. This of course causes them to explode so I spammed 8 at a time from a distance as fast as he could kill them, each time the exploded around him. Took a good while but finally wiped him out.
Was a lot of fun.
This game is good. Happy

Yea it is .. real good.. .. Really cant wait for the OB to begin .. the multi play should be fun stuff

PoE constantly forces you to choose. There are 3 colours of gems and gear can have 1, 2, or 3 of those slots. The gems skill may require a certain weapon to work. So you may have to pass on a better weapon or lose that skill. The passive tree also has choices to make. And items have size which means inventory requires choices. All of this is cool and really makes you think about each choice you make.
Spidubic

Gained a couple of levels with my Templar. He also now has a pack of zombies fighting along side him. Was surprised he could use that gem. Thought it was more witch only.
Darkhawke

Any class can use any skill.. if you meet the Str, Dex, Int req.. and lvl

Thats part of what makes builds so unique , people come up with soem really good stuff...

I guess gear would also play into choices. Why take gear that boosts fire when your gems are cold? Want to look at all my gems and see if I can swap them around between characters to try something different.
Ashenfield

yeah, you can use anything. But something like the zombies are going to generally be fairly weak without running through the necromancer tree.
Not to say it isn't workable though, particularly at the lower levels.

Figured as much. Templar could likely get to the tree but at what sacrifice? Guess I need to spend more time looking at the passive tree.

EDIT:
Looks like I could do it fairly easily. Tree isn't too far but the question is whether minions are worth the investment. More playing I guess. Happy

AoE Minion Master
Spidubic

More learning. Jumped on my Marauder to go and kill Brutus and from what I can tell I seem to have completed that quest. At least it does not show up. On another note I leveled my Dual Strike Gem but could not click it to level as it was greyed out. Turns out that the next level requires my Marauder to have more DEX than he has thus it would not level. Am learning that while it seems you can socket and use pretty much any gem on any class at some point if that gem is not suited for the class you will hit a wall. So you really do have to do a bit of planning as far as which gems you want on you character and decide which passive skills will be needed to achieve that.
Darkhawke

Heh ,wait till you get to the part, where you start weighting decisions on using some of the more rare currencies on upgrading or tweaking gear .. And support Gems .. Linked skill gem slots .. what skills to support with which support gem is best .. ohh many more layers to peel back

8 days to go ...

http://www.pathofexile.com/

New open beta video:
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/eehtnb/path-of-exile-exclusive-open-beta-trailer
Darkhawke

Spidubic wrote:
New open beta video:
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/eehtnb/path-of-exile-exclusive-open-beta-trailer

Badass clip for a badass game ..

and on a side note the Big Mac is the Greatest Invention of the 20th Century ...

How the launch will work
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/70299

Quote:

We will bring the game servers down for deployment of the 0.10.0 patch two hours before the start of Open Beta. The website may be down for approximately 10-20 minutes while we perform database migrations. At this point, access to the game servers will be disabled until the countdown hits zero and the patch will be available to download. Just run your existing Closed Beta client to update to the open beta version. We're sorry that this doesn't give much time to download the 1.5gb or so, but we'd rather have some people playing than leave the servers off while giving people on slow internet connections a chance to patch fully. (EDIT: To clarify, the patch is available two hours before the counter hits zero).

1.5 GIG, we may not see amokk wednesday unless he downloads it at work :-)
patch should be available for download at 2pm EST

Page 3 of 5

Jump to: