Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Darkhawke

re: AC2 Lives again

They need to add another server for sure the lag is getting worse .. way to many people on 1 server..

This is good news and bad

Lag was horrendous tonight for sure. I am worried how much attention Turbine is willing to give AC2. What would the cost be to open a second server and would enough people start over there to lessen the load? Or will Turbine just let it be?

On another note ran Cragsyone Excavation with a group tonight. Started with four thinking we could do it. Died. Found two more. No healers which led to the announcement in Fellowship chat that if you are getting beat on run. Happy We did manage to complete it before I had to log. Fun night.
Ashenfield

Yes, it was fairly awful yesterday in general.
Hopefully the devs can figure something out this week.
I wonder if they were a bit surprised at how many people logged in. Happy

They've had to re-write a fair bit of code to get it working on their existing infrastructure, I'm sure there are some tweaks coming after they get a chance to look at the load data from the weekend.

AC2 is certainly the talk of the web. And every time I log into game general chat is filled with people coming back. For a game that had low enough pops to close it certainly has kept quite a following. I do truly hope the devs continue to tweak the code and make AC2 run smooth. I am not looking for any updates or other graphic tweaks. Loving AC2 just as it is. Damn I missed this game.

On another note I laughed in game last night when a couple of people I assume new to AC2 were asking the fastest way to hit the level cap. People were telling them the fun is in the journey not the destination and to not expect to hit cap for months or more than a year. The game is the leveling not the cap.
Spidubic

Been logging in off and on today to see what if anything happens to the lag issue. Apparently nothing so far. Watching /cg I see the lag appearing to get worse and worse. Cavendo is now apparently totally unplayable. Lost Wish, Ikarus also seem to be bad. No sign of a fix coming. I am hoping Turbine is just figuring out the old tech and not that they have no intention of fixing anything.
Ashenfield

Quote:
No sign of a fix coming. I am hoping Turbine is just figuring out the old tech and not that they have no intention of fixing anything.

I'm sure they have intention to try and smooth things out.

People need to give the guys a break. It's a beta and it's a Monday. Happy The forum trolls are at their finest acting like they just dropped a load of cash for a new game off the shelf.

They are likely only just pouring over a weekend worth of both server and network logs to figure out where to focus their resources for maximum gain.

Ashenfield wrote:
I'm sure they have intention to try and smooth things out.

They are likely only just pouring over a weekend worth of both server and network logs to figure out where to focus their resources for maximum gain.

True. They do need time. Just after 7 years of wishing it had not closed then getting it back I really just want to play AC2.
Ashenfield

I'm having fun too. It really is a good skill system.

I'm torn on building my tactician vs my mage. My lugian is actually higher level than my mage at the moment.

Then I think that maybe I should build out that lugian as a melee instead so we have some tankability.

One thing about these AC worlds is that I always enjoy the journey and the aimless exploring.
It's a nice looking world.

Looking forward to see what they do with it. And looking forward to doing some hunting with you guys. Happy

Level 20 is where my Elementalist gets his first sand pet. That is my goal atm. Little over 7 levels to go. Then I want to level a Tact up. Had totally forgotten he can build walls as well as turrets.
Ashenfield

Darkhawke wrote:
They need to add another server for sure the lag is getting worse .. way to many people on 1 server..

This is good news and bad

Quote:
Posted By Severlin
Re: Please Add Another Server

We are working on the lag. We need to modify the server configuration; it doesn't appear to be a population issue. Once we modify the configuration and tweak the server for performance we will see...

This is good news. I really hope that they can keep this to a single server for as long as they can to keep the community together.

It's quite possible that running the server on a modern OS and Hardware that they can drastically increase the number of users on a given instance.

As long as the content doesn't get too crowded, it would be nice to have a large population on a single world.

Lag is gone. Running much better today. I have to agree about keeping one server. Community was always great in AC2 and if they can keep us all together then all the better. I would hope Ash is right and new server tech makes running old AC2 much easier with a larger population. Just look at the game folder compared to new games. Mine is just over 3 gigs whereas The Secret World was 35 gigs. If the server side is just as small and light compared to new games who knows. Fingers crossed.
Darkhawke

hit 15 on my Ranger this mornin , and started up the Ranger Tree 5 points to open it up with Trailblazing, decided to recoup my xp spent on Double Shot as i dont use it enough and its not part of the Tree i am going to pursue (i think).. Need 2 points now to get my pet ...Game was running pretty good

Amokk is 14 and I am starting to plan my approach to 15 and Elementalist. A lot of decisions to make. What to get first, what to wait for. Sand Minion is level 20 so sadly it will be a while before I am a true Elementalist. This is the skill tree model more games should follow. Choices. Decision. Train up certain skills till x level then untrain and train the new skills. Or hold off and just train them. Don't like a skill then untrain it. Hate the advanced tree you choose? Untrain but be aware it is not instant and you will be gimped for a bit.
Darkhawke

Very cool run this afternoon , i was on the Drudge Potion Quest , real great area challenging to move thru and control spawn , to get down to the drudge Fort , was really itching at my brain as to why this place was so familiar to me..

Why did it stick out in my mind ... then i get to the fort and im looking it over , at the surrounding mobs and guards inside , planning out my pulls and approach (Which i love this stuff, having to think about your actions)....

Anyway then it dawns on me ......This is the exact spot i was at when playing before when Dizz and Emnity came up and started talking bout the quest and invited me to Defenders of Dereth ..

Very cool memories ...

I just found my first Ferrous Pyreal! OMG does that bring the crafting memories back. Spent hours running around collecting items like that for crafting.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> AC2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: