Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Spidubic

re: AC2 10th anniversary

Very interesting. Would love to go back and play my old Zerk and give Tactician another go round.

http://www.lost-company.net/joomla/

"It's the 10th Anniversary of Asheron's Call 2 being released. What better way to celebrate than to release something based on it? And to that end, Oplock has informed us that there are now 2 downloadable .rar files available on SourceForge!

The first download contains the executables to run your own AC2 server! It also contains a simple utility to create new accounts and a launcher to connect to your server! We were told that Oplock forgot to include a readme file on how to actually set it up... but one should be coming soon! If you are impatient, the second download (see below) does include a readme for setting up your own server. There are a couple of extra steps involved but you can skip over anything involving code and should (hopefully) be able to figure it out.

The second download contains his source code required to build your own server from scratch! It does not contain any of the helper utilities that he developed as part of his decoding process. It's all custom built, home grown C# code.

You can talk all about these files as well as get help with them in the brand new sub-forum under the Cragstone Nexus!"
Darkhawke

Great news .. we have discussed Lost Company and there attempts to revitalize AC@ on our other forums , ( but apparently athat is all gone )

But if one of you tech guys can get this working i would play my Ranger till my fingers bled agaain .. Best pet class ever ...

hmm i may have to check this out - Ash can the MC server handle AC2?
Ashenfield

Not sure what the specs are. I'll look into it at some point.
Also dependant on if the server is runnable under linux.

Ashenfield wrote:
Not sure what the specs are. I'll look into it at some point.
Also dependant on if the server is runnable under linux.

Id be willingly to donate if we need to upgrade or somethin Ash just let us know...

One bump in the road for even testing it is that I don't have an AC2 Client install. Which is a requirement...

Ashenfield wrote:
One bump in the road for even testing it is that I don't have an AC2 Client install. Which is a requirement...

i believe i have the cds does that help

Maybe. I'll look into it.
My first thought thought though is that it was all programmed in windows so I'm not sure how well the server will work on my linux server. I'll see if I can get it working locally first.

Ashenfield wrote:
Maybe. I'll look into it.
My first thought thought though is that it was all programmed in windows so I'm not sure how well the server will work on my linux server. I'll see if I can get it working locally first.

If you need them ill overnite them to you

Not sure, I may still have my CDs as well. Also think I still have the install sitting on my computer on another hard drive. Just in case. Happy
painegiver

so i messed with this for a little bit last night - first, even fully deployed, its not like the server is going to work like an AC2 server back in the day - most features are broke at this point

second, i was able to follow the instructions, and i got the DB up and running and prepped, but the damn server crashes when it goes to load the portal.dat file - which comes off the client install - im not sure if its because it doesnt like the version of the file that i have, or if its one of about a millon other things (there is no indicating error that it throws when it crashes)

apparetly there is a torrent out there where you can get a more recent version of the client - ill dig around and see what i can find...to say this is a shaky solution is an understatement...

UPDATE - it seems the server has issues with 64 bit MYsql, which is what i downloaded - ill try 32 bit tonight and see if that resolves my issue.
Spidubic

Part of me does not want to go back because it may ruin the way I remember AC2. I loved running around with my big Lugian Amokk and remember the time consuming clicking to get my skills up after respeccing. Zerk was awesome! Always a fight to see who hit 0 health first, you or the mob. Or Elementalist with my three sand pets running around. And then Tact with small and large turrets. Ah..........those were the days.
Ashenfield

Quote:
...to say this is a shaky solution is an understatement...

This is kind of the impression I have been getting.
It's more of a curiosity at this point, but I don't think anyone is really going to jump in and start re-experiencing the world in any meaningful way at this stage of development.

I've tried the torrents but haven't found a working one with seeds at the moment. PM me if you find one.

http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/236312/AC2_pic_1_.jpg

http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/236312/AC2_pic_2.jpg

http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/236312/AC2_pic_3.jpg

Last edited by painegiver on 2012/11/21 20:55; edited 1 time in total
Darkhawke

Dam thats awesome ...(i think im gonna cry:)....) If only we could get the mob and loot to work ..

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: