Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Spidubic

re: Storm Legion!

Two more days till Storm Legion! Super stoked to try out the new souls for Warrior and Mage. Also looking forward to leveling Amokk again and getting new gear! Little concerned about leveling and who it is geared for since Amokk really has nothing beyond the basic level 50 gear. Well plus two pieces of (laugh here) T1 dungeon gear. What is there? T1, T2, T3, GS, Ember Isle. Amokk may be hurting for a bit gear wise at least until he starts getting quest reward gear. Will be curious to see how Warrior range and Mage melee play out. Hoping to get both to 60.
Darkhawke

yea ..pretty psyched for Storm Legions... should be some good fun...

now where is Ash and Dizz?

Ash is on Deepwood. Dizz I think has fallen down a well.
Ashenfield

I'm not actually playing. I just moved my character over because it was free.
Don't plan on playing.

playing xcom in my well. I'd have to suddenly come into a lot of spare time to play rift right now and that I'm short supply of.
Spidubic

Little over 3 gig update. Thankfully I managed to do that at work otherwise it would have taken all night and likely tomorrow at home. Managed to set up Ranged Warrior and Melee Mage but have not tried them yet. Also got Amokk's dimension (house). Looks pretty bare at the moment but the options seem unlimited. Cannot wait to get home and play.
Spidubic

Ouch! Not a good idea to start a new zone with a new soul build. Tempest is the ranged Warrior soul and while it may be cool it is going to take some time to feel it out. Swapped to more reliable souls and am doing better but the mobs on Cape Jule are pretty nasty at least for little old no dungeon gear me. But the first three quests netted me new better armor.
Spidubic

Dropped back to Shimmersand to learn and practice. Much better fighting level 50s there instead of Cape Jule. Also discovered a Tempest/Beastmaster build which is pretty cool. Am finding my Warrior melee skills seem sluggish, like I am fighting underwater.

Harbinger melee Mage fing rocks! Damn he can rip through mobs like no tomorrow.

Dimension are amazing. Not just a house but a small chunk of land to build on. Going to be a massive money sink.

I do fear there are too many money sinks and not enough ways to make decent plat outside of running dungeons.

Only other issue I have is how slow Amokk gains XP. Five quests and a couple of hours playing netted me about 1/20th of a level or half of a segment. Translates into about 20 days to go from 50 to 51. O.o
Spidubic

Bounced around Shimmersand last night to get my harvesting up high enough then I will pop over to Ember Isle and see how that goes. Then back to Cape Jule. So much to do. Getting more use to the changes, been playing my Tempest Beastmaster which is a pretty nice combo. Can take stuff down quite fast. Actually finding a few nice BM soul combos. Mind you BM is now support but that is okay. Still need to test out the other 5 souls I have built and see how they play. And of course more time on my Mage. Plus other non computer gaming things I am messing around with. Argh! More time in the day please.
Spidubic

SL has been out for a week and I am off it. I want to visit the new lands but each kill takes so long and I am left with a sliver of health thus have to wait before moving on. Very slow going. So I went and played around in Shimmersand to get my harvesting skills up then I guess it is off to Stillmoor. Either way for all the hours I have played and the mobs I have killed, and quests completed I am barely 1 bar into level 50. At this rate it will take a couple of months just to get to 51. And that for me is just unacceptable. And with other things that at the moment are more interesting to me Rift has been put on the back burner.
Darkhawke

Can you be on tommorrow nite , me and Pain can help yiou get thru those intial wuests and get you geared up then you will be lovin it..

Will have to check schedule. Have some other things I want to get done outside of Rift that at the moment are more interesting.

I did realize last night what has likely hurt my impression of leveling. Leveling my other characters with full rest XP and 100% potion. I was gaining at least a level a night. That made the slower post 50 leveling all the more apparent.
Spidubic

After doing some reading on the forums I ended up spending some plat to upgrade my armour. Not having dungeon gear was hampering me a fair bit. Also using a Warlord build as that appears to be the only really viable soloing build. I change up between my other five builds but none are anything close to effective. Warlord builds leave me 80% health after a fight. Others leave me with less tan 50%. Also concentrating on Ember Isle till the rest of my angering skills are higher. Either way levelling is still slow. I just filed my second bar.
Spidubic

Much better time tonight. New AH gear helped. Finished a few quests, gained a couple new weapons. And expanded my gathering skills passed 300 for IMHO an insane amount of plat. Hoping I can recoup it in short order.
Spidubic

Half way through level 50. Just realized I don't seem to get rest XP anymore. Bar is always blue, no green of rested. Even if I am inside Sactum in a building. So now rest XP after 50? Assume this is due to getting leveling XP as well as Planar attunement XP.

I have revamped my builds as well. Full Tempest was not cutting it so I have changed from it to a BM/Tempest build. Full Tempest would be better for Rift's but I am not seeing the people fighting Rifts like I did before. In Stillmoor I typically ran around with groups fighting Rifts but now on Cape Jule I see the Rifts but no groups appear to be fighting them. Odd. I actually see a lot more people running around solo or in pairs. Maybe the majority have moved on.

Anyway bottom line is with new gear I am finding the fight much better and now have several viable builds.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> Rift All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: