Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Darkhawke

re: Rift Server Merges..

Wed is the day of merges ... i am waiting to talk with the others and find out where they are moving to .. Hopefully we can all land in the same place and find a new home there .. once we decide on a server the Guild Leader can transfer and all other mebers will get a message at character select..

I recommend transfering even if you arent active atm.. rather than get wiped down the road..

So they are not the game is dying mergers but rather we have improved the server tech to hold more people thus we are letting you all transfer over. So I guess we need to pick a new world. Also the guild bank needs to be emptied. Spidubic is the leader so when I transfer him the guild goes with me to the new server. Once moved any character logging into the old server will get a notice in the guild window where the guild has moved.
Spidubic

List of servers. Pick your poison.

Deepwood
Faeblight (RP)
Greybriar
Laethys (Oceanic)
Seastone (PvP)
Shatterbone
Threesprings
Wolfsbane

I kind of like Greybriar.
Spidubic

Link to the Rift forum post:
http://forums.riftgame.com/official-rift-news/news-announcements/336414-north-american-server-structure-update.html

From what I have read we do not have to bail on Gnarlwood immediately. So we can wait and see how the other servers do and then decide if we want. Apparently the EU has already moved and people are complaining about lag on the new servers.
painegiver

Crap, i just dumped a bunch of mats in the bank over the weekend.....if you need me to do something to assist with the transfer let me know..

regarding server choices - <beavis voice> deep....wood heh heh

i like the change - with server/software technology advances over the past few years i still dont understand why most mmo's dont move to a single server tech like eve - i mean i do get the reasons (server load, pop balance in pvp, etc) - but at this point that should be invisible to the player - i should log in, be able to play with others (or not with others if i want), group with my friends, queue up for dungeons/pvp without too much waiting, etc...
Spidubic

I pulled some stuff out last night. Might have been some of the stuff you put it. Grab it if you get a chance. I think my one character has enough space to grab most of the stuff.

So we have two server options:
Greybriar
Deepwood

Keep em coming!

I love that Triton is working on advancing the tech rather than sitting on their butts. Problem is it is hard to spin mergers as a good thing. They never mentioned the word 'merger' but rather called it a 'Server Structure Update'. Even so people on the forum are crying doom and gloom, mergers mean low population, Rift is dead in a year. But at least others are realizing that is not what is happening.
Spidubic

Just noticed in the guild log that Silk and Fringe have left the guild. I changed the MOTD to mention the server merger so whether that has caused them to leave not sure. Perhaps Pain or Rico can check with them. Basically whenever the guild moves it remains on the old server Gnarlwood as well and will have a message telling people where it has moved. So the best idea if you want to go with the guild is to remain in the guild.
Spidubic

Interesting. The servers we are to move to are not brand new but rather servers already active. I was thinking every server was being moved to new fresh servers. So this is in a way a merger since we may get to the new server and have to rename our characters. Well that could suck for Amokk since that name may well be taken. My other three characters are most likely okay.
Darkhawke

Silk, Fringe and Kapp moved to Deepwood ... so that gets my vote..

Does anyone know facts on Naming policy of the transfer?

Spid , chk if you can guild transfer to Deepwood asap plz.. Deepwood isnt offereed to me or Kapp but hoping it lets you and ques us as guild..

Not sure how they transferred to Deepwood as it is not suppose to be available till Wednesday. Just checked my transfer options and none of the servers listed for Oct 24th including Deepwood are options. I will check tomorrow and if Deepwood is listed I will then move the Guild to Deepwood.

As for naming policy I think if your character name is taken on the new server you have to change names.
Spidubic

Hey all,

Quickly answering a couple questions:

- As far as Transfer restrictions go, they're all removed once the shard is flagged "Trial-Only" on Wednesday. This includes trials, low level alts, etc.

- Guild Transfers: sorry those weren't included, I"ll see if we can get that updated! Fortunately, it's straight forward:

As the guild leader/officers you'll want to empty out the vault.
Once you're ready to transfer both your guild and character just hit the transfer tool at character select.
As a guild leader it will automatically prompt you to transfer your guild during the Character transfer process. Also, I'd recommend making an alt an officer/leader otherwise it will automatically pass to the next most senior member.
Spidubic

Rico, Deepwood should not have been an option until tomorrow. Not sure how Fringe and Silk managed to transfer. Sure they did not go to Deepstrike(PvP)?

When Spidubic transfers to the new server he will be asked if he wants to transfer the guild over. Once that is done the Gnarlwood guild will have a flag showing where it moved then you can move all your characters over.
Spidubic

Things to watch out for when transferring.

To transfer a character, make sure that you have available character slots on your destination shard, that you are not coin-locked, and that the character you wish to transfer meets the following criteria:

Level 15 or higher.
No mail in mailbox.
No existing auction bids or items up for sale in the Auction House.
Has not transferred within the last seven days.
Less than 3 plat/level (up until level 40; there are no currency restrictions for levels 40+).
Spidubic

Guild bank is now empty.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> Rift All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: