Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidubic

re: GW2 - Things you should know.

First off we need a GW2 forum. hint hint.

When you complete a zone, all the waypoints, points of interest, and vistas you get among other things 3 transmutation stones which are awesome. They transfer the look of a lower stat weapon to a higher star weapon. So if you have a kickass looking sword or bow for example you can keep the look.
Dizzarian

Guild wars 2 forum in place and topics moved.

Ok a few of my tips:
- There is a gear in the upper right of your inventory. Use the "Deposit all collections" It's a lifesaver

- If it seems that you're having trouble with the next heart because it's higher level just go to a different zone. Every major city has a portal to Lion's Arch and from there you can go anywhere easily.

- Make sure you're doing your personal story (follow the green marker on your map. It's different for every character you play depending on the options you chose during character creation. This means even if you roll another char your quest line will most likely be different.
Spidubic

Hit H to go into your character stats and under armor at the top in the middle you will see two icons. Armor to the left and a top hat and cane to the right. These swap you between armor and city cloths. You can also change the colour scheme of your armor or city clothes by clicking the dripper icon to the left.
Dizzarian

OMG didn't know that amokk.. that's awesome
Torvalis

I WANT A TOPHAT AND CANE!

still on a business trip so not able to play but do get to surf :D
Here's a similar thread on reddit, some good stuff here

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/ze2je/a_few_helpful_tips_for_newbies_and_the_uninformed/
Spidubic

/death
53 times for Runn Amokk.
Spidubic

Tonight I hit 30 and was looking over my armor and weapons. Other than two pieces Rico gave me and another Ash had my armor was mostly pre 20's. Weapons varied from 14-24. No biggie running lower zones but when I was in so es more my level I noticed I was lacking. I had been reading on a blog that GW2 crafted items sold for less than the materials and that it was better to sell the mats and buy the finished product than try to make it yourself. Well they we're right. Sold 100 copper pieces, a small portion of my stash and with that bought and entire set of level 30 armor (minus Rico and Ash's pieces) along with a full set of Warrior weapons. 3 swords, 3 maces, 2 axes, gun, bow, shield, horn. And still had money left over.

So for right now the AH is the place to be.
Spidubic

No matter where you go you will be leveled down to that level so that XP still matters. In some events, usually the big ones the gear is leveled up to you. It all works really well except for one thing. Money. Coin does not level up. You get at 30 what you would get as a level 15 running through the same level 15 zone. At the same time death damage goes up in cost. Thus overall while the challenge is there and the XP the money is not. Thus I am realizing that dinking around doing stuff in zones below my level while still fun is hurting me financially.

Something to remember.
Ashenfield

I had no idea this was there...

Forum Image

Daily Achievements span all characters. I finished the Daily on my level 5 Elementalist. So no matter what character you are playing what they do counts towards the Daily Achievement.
Spidubic

Any collectables you put in an invisible bag will not be moved to your collection bank when you click on the gear in inventory.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> Guild Wars 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: