Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Torvalis

re: GW2 - Spid's Diary

what is the level cap? i thought it was only 20 in gw 1. wonder why they would stray away from that.

Cap is 80 in GW2.
Torvalis

kinda crazy! envy i saw some posts about it on mmorpg.com actualy. it seems people have hit the cap already. wow!

Runn Amokk is 29 now and should hit 30 tonight. A happy level where I unlock my epic skills. Been quite an awesome run. I have not played WvW as much as planned mostly due to wanting to push my crafting up to my level and PvE just being so damn fun.Been running around killing and harvesting stuff to build up materials for crafting which is fun in itself. But then an event pops up and I am off to do it. When it finishes I usually end up being caught up in another event. Or wander off to harvest some more stuff. Sometimes I will even end up just running along killing stuff with a group. Which leads to joining an event. GW2 PvE just kind of picks you up and carries you along.
Spidubic

Dinged 30 last night as expected and picked up the Epic skill of changing into a wolf along with a banner I hope helps in groups. Also equipped Amokk with the latest state of the art level 30 weapons and armor so he should be ready to rip it up.

On the Engineer front I have pulled Spidubic off the bench and he is destine for level 20 hopefully soon. Just feeling I need to give him another shot as they are a cool class.
Spidubic

I have to say I may be back on the Engineer bandwagon. He feels tougher this time around. Maybe due to learning even my heavily armored Warrior goes down pretty fast when things go wrong. Who knows. Hoping to get to 20 to unlock another skill on my bar. Then need to look at how to kit out. Turrets are cool but when running around they tie you down. I have grenade kit and flamethrower which allow more mobility. May try a few things tonight and see how it goes.
Spidubic

Engineer or Warrior?

Engineer was my first character in GW2 but at level 15 I felt he was dying too much and not fitting my playstyle. I set him aside and started playing my Warrior. Warrior kicked butt and has so many weapon options it was cool to just try them all out and see what they do. He hit 30 the other night and got a full set of upgraded level 30 armor and weapons. Then I set him aside. He actually died more than my Engineer according to /deaths. Back to my Engineer I went and he is now 26. I am loving him and all the different options he brings. Weapon wise he is limited but with kits I get just as much versatility. And when I drop four turrets down the mobs don't stand a chance. Shooting for level 30 on him which means I will have to choose again. Stick with Engineer or move back to Warrior? I really still have no idea who my main is. My big Norn Warrior with his wicked 2H sword just looks badass. But my Engineer is just as cool.
Spidubic

In answer to my question I guess in reality it does not matter with how grouping has been set up. I can level both characters it just may take longer. And really my skills were pretty much set at level 20. It is only the elite skills at 30 and 40 then my guys are pretty much how they will be till 80. I don't feel the rush to reach the cap since I can do most stuff now. Only drawback is needing to be higher level to do the higher zones and that just means more content down the road. Happy
Spidubic

Finally got my Engineer to 30! Picked up my first Elite skill, Suppy Crate. And I must say I cannot wait to try it out. It drops three turrets one of Which is a healing turret along with several bandages. I can also use my other turrets as well meaning I could drop seven total. Fair bit of firepower onto a target.

So now I have two level 30+ characters. Both I plan to level to 40. Happy
Ashenfield

Quote:
So now I have two level 30+ characters. Both I plan to level to 40.

I don't know where you alt-aholics find the time Happy

Well since the leveling is flat my two 30s equal Rico's 60. I am cheating a bit. GW2 is very handy to dink around with at work completing zones. Or doing crafting or simple harvesting. All can be done a few minutes at a time when I am waiting for computers to do their thing.
Ashenfield

Yeah, I figured Happy
Alas, I have no PC fast enough to run it at work. And then I would have to go about the business of bypassing the corporate firewall. Easy enough, but not good if I get caught Happy

Though I suppose I could buy a gaming laptop and play on my tablet's data connection Happy

Runn Amokk hit 40 tonight. New traits and the chance to spend 30 skill points in an elite skill. Decided against th skill for now. Neither one seems all that elite. Also decided tonight I may swap Armorsmith over to cooking seeing as first I don't lose any progress in Armorsmith and second it really is doing me no good. I am just now able to make level 3 stuff yet I am level 40. It just falls further and further behind. Will keep Weaponsmith for now.
Spidubic

Reached 30 skill points again so I took Become The Snow Leopard. If anything it gives me 5 seconds of stealth which may come in handy. Everything I read about Rampage was it sucked. So I passed on it.
Spidubic

I have totally revamped my Warrior. Reset traits, added skills, totally redid runes and sigils on weapons and armor. Rather than running with whatever came on my item I have tried to tailor stuff to better suit me in future dungeons and day to day stuff. I bought three pair of runes for my armor to gain the benefit of 2/2 runes as well as selected sigils to better synergize with the weapon they are placed on. I selected heal group members for a couple of weapons I would use in a group for example.

I am learning GW2 is pretty deep when you get into it. And I need to study and learn more.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> Guild Wars 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: