Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Spidubic

re: GW2 - Spid's Diary

Much like Rift I am going to toss all my GW2 ramblings into a single thread. I went into GW2 pretty much blind. No beta testing, not much reading of stuff beyond professions and such. Just to get a basic idea of the game. Needless to say logging in the first time I was totally lost. No idea where to go, what did what. A rather odd feeling. Nonetheless I knew I wanted to make and Engineer but no idea which race. Charr, giant cat/bear/dog people. how cool is that! Charr Engineer Spidubic was born. I love turrets and the versatility of the Engineer class. So many options. Too many perhaps as I seem to have a little of the 'jack of all trades master of none' thing going on. Turrets, grenades, flamethrower, so man options. Engineer is great for running with groups as they have lots of options for range. Turrets fall short though when on the move. Reset time and low hit points kind of screw them over. For soloing though they are cool. And yet another options.
Spidubic

Spidubic - Charr Engineer - 30

What can I say. Turrets rock! Flamethrowers are awesome. Grenades make things go boom!

For traits I have split between Firearms and Inventions giving me a balance between DPS and armor.

Last edited by Spidubic on 2012/09/13 8:10; edited 9 times in total
Spidubic

Runn Amokk - Norn Warrior - Level 50

Warrior was actually the 4th alt I made. Odd since I am so melee centric. Turns out he may be the one I want to play. After playing the Engineer I was blown away by the damage the Warrior can take and dish out. Wielding a massive two handed mace he makes a wicked looking dude. Not sure I like the name but not sure I want to start over to get a better one.

Dumped Deathspid and went with Runn Amokk. Fit him better. So for the moment I will play him and see how things go. I love the Engineer and his turrets and other cool options but after seeing all the options Warriors get by changing weapons I wanted to give him a try. Besides he looks awesome swinging a giant two handed mace.

Last edited by Spidubic on 2012/09/27 20:30; edited 10 times in total
Spidubic

Build 5 - Bodi Gard - Guardian - 21

It may sound corny but I love the name I came up with for my Guardian. Bodi Gard or Body Guard. LOL

Plays like my Warrior but he is not grabbing me like the Warrior. Going to play him off and on for a bit and see how it goes.

Last edited by Spidubic on 2012/09/26 22:19; edited 5 times in total
Spidubic

Ellie Spidubic - Elementalist - 7

Last edited by Spidubic on 2012/09/24 22:24; edited 2 times in total
Spidubic

Spid Quickshot - Ranger 2

Decided to give Ranger a shot. Was thinking Mesmer but not sure I want to play another cloth wearer. I like my Elementalist but not sure about a Mesmer. We shall see.

Last edited by Spidubic on 2012/09/11 9:34; edited 3 times in total
Spidubic

After playing the Warrior to level 3 I am ashamed I did not make him my main. OMG! He so rocks. So many weapons and options. And so much DPS for a guy who can take a beating. Going to play at least till level 10 and see if my thoughts change. Looking forward to level 7 when weapon swapping comes into play.
Spidubic

As you can see I have dabbled with a few classes. And while I still love my Engineer and was almost tempted to go back to him as my main I feel the Warrior is still the best fit for me. Go figure.

Anyway, he is now the same level as my Engineer and likely to surpass him Tried Guardian and while he is fun and similar to the Warrior I find the Warriors massive list of weapons he can wield hard to pass on. Still learning the basis for each. Some are single target, some are AoE. Mix in ranged and stuns along with stationary dps or quick moving and you have a lot of options. Plus it also means the guild has 5 different professions being played.
Spidubic

Scariest sight you will ever see in GW2. Amokk without his shirt on after a swim.

Forum Image
Spidubic

Ready for his dive.
Forum Image

You can see the diving board in the background.
Forum Image

Location Lion's Arch.
Spidubic

Giganticus Mossicus!

Forum Image
Dizzarian

dude, you aint right
Spidubic

Apparently Runn Amokk does have some issues. The latest twist in my story involves a drunken party at a moot where me and a drunk Charr 'borrowed' a Charr war wagon and went for an adventure. Unfortunately neither of us was sober enough to remember where we parked it.
Spidubic

Hit level 20 today thanks to Ash's crafting info. Had enough trait points to put 10 into arms which opens the major trait slot which turns out to offer 6 different traits that you can interchange. One I chose at the moment gives me 40 precision per unused signet and since I have four equipped that is quite the boost. But if I do not have them equipped I can choose another. How cool is that!
Spidubic

Runn Amokk dinged 25 tonight. It blows me away how everything you do gives you XP. I kind of feel like I am leveling too fast because it seems like everytime I turn around I have gained a level. Yet I Amon,y 25 when it feels like I should be higher.

Been putting points into Arms trait which is all about damage. I want to put some into another trait but unsure if I should go more damage or some defense. Tough call.

Still debate playing my Engineer up a few more levels but when I look at all the earphones my Warrior an use and how each combination does different things like AoE, bleed, single target, stun, etc. it makes me feel like I need to concentrate on just my Warrior for now.

Way too many choices.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> Guild Wars 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: