Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Spidubic

re: Guild Wars 2 Initial thoughts

First thoughts were I am totally lost. I had no idea where to go or what to do. Skills were completely new to me. No idea how they worked beyond knowing weapons changed your skill loadout. Choose Engineer for my main. Spidubic is the name. Level 8 at the moment.

So far the game is growing on me. At first I was thinking good thing the game is not a monthly sub as I am not liking it. But as I learn it is getting neater. I like the character creation and all the choices and how they create your story. My Charr looks pretty damn cool if I do say so myself.

Cool things. When out in the world if you see a set of two triangles on the map that is a location you have to find a way to get to as it opens a vista. Not only do you get some XP and an achievement but you get a cool flyby of a site.
Spidubic

Level 10 and have unlocked the next hotbar skill. Things are starting to get interesting. I now have a Rifle turret and a Flame turret but that is not what is interesting. What is interesting are two skills I picked up. Med kit and Grenade kit. Both change my weapons. Medkit is all healing. I drop bandages and stuff. No idea how that works. Grenade kit gives my all grenade kills. So instead of pistol or rifle skills I now lob grenades. Possibly handy in groups.

Level 10 is where GW2 has started to get interesting. Happy
Spidubic

There is a freaking ton of cool stuff in GW2! First off did you know your alts are in the guild as soon as your main joins? Pretty cool.

Dabbled with my Elementalist this afternoon. So many options. Fire, water, and air so far. But each does different depending on weapon. Water does damage till you change weapons then it is more healing. Air is single target till you swap weapons then multi target. Too many choices.

Other than a quick trip to WvW Saturday morning I have not been able to get back in. I join the queue bet never get the option to go. Too full I guess.
Ashenfield

I've been running in WvW most of the time I've been in. Been pretty fun. Happy

Everytime I log in I join the queue for WvW but unless I am missing the join button I never get in.

Played my Warrior tonight for a bit. Damn! Wondering if I made a mistake not making him my main. He's got some power. But he does get left behind in groups during events. Always playing catchup.
Ashenfield

I usually have about 4 options. One is usually free without the queue.

Guess I will have to make sure I do each one. I know I did ths morning and all were full. Only checked one tonight.

Having fun with my Warrior. Surprised and how much damage he does compared to my Engineer. And how fast my health drops on my engi compared to the Warrior. Of ourselves we have two Warriors in the guild so may try a Guardian.
Ashenfield

I'm on a different world at the moment btw.
When I went to create my character the one we chose was locked down as "Full"
I didn't want to wait to I'm on Darkhaven atm.
Will change when things settle down.

Wondered where you were. Saw Pain in game last night. Need to change the colour scheme or something on chat. I forget it is there and guild chat is not a different enough colour for it to attract my attention.
Ashenfield

Loving WvW
There always seems to be something going on at the moment. Not terribly organized, but i like falling in with a pack in my wanderings, or heading to a contested keep to help lay down some hurt in a group. I suck at 1v1 pvp, but in a collective i quite enjoy it.

Get on gates of madness slacker, all the defenders are in
Ashenfield

I've moved over to GoM

Im liking it thus far - lots to do, combat is smooth, and the graphics are nice - and no major bugs yet

Im probably going to have to drop my rift sub - too bad, i like it, but too many FtP games out there to justify a sub that i dont play that much....that game needs to go FtP

as part of my pre prder bonus, i got an item that gave the guild over 1K guild XP - i started training the prereq skill that gives XP bonuses and whatnot
Spidubic

Warrior to 7 so he now has weapon swap. I have to say I am very impressed with Warrior so far. Love the weapon options and the animation. Very smooth and not copies. Curious to see if I still like him at 14 where my Engineer sits. Pretty sure he is my new main. Also picked up Weaponsmith and Armorsmith for him so that should help keep him supplied with weapons.
Spidubic

Okay, so even though Runn Amokk has access to the guild and chat he is only representing the guild and not actually in it. So I will need an invite for Runn Amokk as he looks to be my main at the moment.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> Guild Wars 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: