Site Inactive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> The Secret World
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Spidubic

re: Amokk in the Secret World

Totally enjoying TSW so far. Actually doing a lot of exploring even to the point of forgetting quests. I am also trying not to take the same route back from a place I have just been since there is so much cool stuff to see. Going to try and post all my adventures and thoughts on TSW in one thread along with pictures. We shall see how that goes as I always forget to take screenshots.

EDIT: I may add pictures of stuff you might want to find yourself so be warned.

Last edited by Spidubic on 2012/07/10 21:30; edited 2 times in total
Spidubic

Meet Bill 'Amokk' Spidubic. His weapons of choice a shotgun and sledgehammer.

Forum Image

Out wandering this morning I stumbled across this bed and breakfast.

Forum Image

A suicide note on the door led me to find this trawler. The Lady Margaret.

Forum Image

Amokk also likes to admire a view so any time he finds a ladder he climbs it.

Forum Image

Hope no one was expecting a delivery today. Rain, sleet, or snow may not stop a Postman but a zombie attack is a different story.

Forum Image
Dizzarian

haha I love it, keep it up
Spidubic

This mornings walk led me to an abandon gas station with a lore item on top. No ladder to climb, so how do you get up there?

Forum Image

Once up top I stop to wonder what was strong enough to toss that body on top of the sign.

Forum Image

After that I moved on as I had a meeting with Norma Creed. She make look all motherly but damn she knows how to use that shotgun.

Forum Image

From her place I set out to kill zombies and as typical with TSW I stumble across this sight.

Forum Image

And off I go to light off some fireworks!
Spidubic

A night of adventure, questions, and the thoughts of more adventure yet to come.

A bridge to further adventure? Not yet, other things first.

Forum Image

Looks like this guy did not make it to further adventure. Truck was found close to the bridge. Zombies got him first.

Forum Image

Yeah, I got some tourist information for ya. Stay away from here unless your idea of a holiday is 'The Walking Dead.'

Forum Image

This does not bode well. Anyone know if there is an asylum around here?

Forum Image

Found a rifle and decided tonight I should learn how to use it. Here zombie zombie zombie.

Forum Image
Dizzarian

you are seeing things I haven't. I mean I run by these places but not catching the detail like you are. This game is so much fun
Spidubic

Part of it is me trying to take it slow as usually I fly through things looking for the next quest. The other part is looking for interesting things to take a screen shot of. I usually forget to take screen shots.
Spidubic

You have to love the thought that went into the details. How many designers would have placed the Manse or Priest's house next to the church? I hope they can keep this up past Kingsmouth.

Forum Image

Forum Image

View of town from a rooftop.

Forum Image
Darkhawke

How do you post a SS??????????????????

I am saving all the images to photobucket and linking them on the forum. I think you can also post pictures to the gallery here but not sure about getting them to show in a post.
Ashenfield

Darkhawke wrote:
How do you post a SS??????????????????

- Go to imgur.com (No account required or anything)
- upload the pic

Copy the code in the BBCode or Linked BBCode section.

Looks like this:
Code: Select all
[URL=http://imgur.com/p8mT4][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/p8mT4.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Result:
Forum Image
Spidubic

When you die and are running back to find your body look around. Spirits can see 'other' things.
Ashenfield

Wow...hadn't noticed...
Will have to be on the lookout for that.
Spidubic

TSW is released to everyone today and I figured it was time for a bit of an early release review. This quote I found about TSW really sums it up.

“Either way, I’ve realised due to the lack of levels and any clear “How far am I with my character?” ladder, I am actually playing this game like an ADVENTURE game and not like an MMO.”

If it was not for the SP and AP popups on the screen I would totally forget about those points being there. Right now I am still using my Shotgun/Hammer build mainly with a swap to Rifle/Hammer as an option but I am not loving the rifle. Would like to try something else but have yet to find any other weapons.

Gameplay itself is pretty awesome. I love the lack of obvious levels and the wide open feel of the game. No set path, no hand holding. You explore, you discover, you follow your own path. And even then Funcom has seemed to keep you on the trail. You never seem to be guided but you always seem to be where you need to be when you need to.

The setting is super cool, the detail is amazing. Every time I go somewhere I see something I missed before.

If I have one concern it is that I feel the repeatable quests are going to need to be repeated a lot to get you to a point where you can comfortably move on past Kingsmouth.

No pressure gaming. Right from the start you don't feel pressure to push forward and hit endgame. TSW is a game that feels like it was meant to take slowly and enjoy the trip. I will be curious to see how our first Guild night makes me feel. Will I feel I have not pushed hard enough, that I lack skills or power when compared to the others? Or will we just mesh together?

Bottom line is The Secret World is worth at least the initial month. Beyond that I would say it is a possible 3 monther with a longer stay possible.

One thing you cannot do is go into it like any other MMO. TSW is different. It plays different and thus you have to adjust to it not expect it to play like all the other games. You will simply get frustrated and quit.

My Headstart review.
Spidubic

I also like the idea of clothing being purely cosmetic. You wear what you like without having to worry about the next upgrade in gear making you look like everyone else. Eventually I can see there being so many options clothing wise that you will not see yourself on every corner.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> The Secret World All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: