Site Inactive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> The Secret World
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Spidubic

re: Amokk in the Secret World

Decided to sit and read the Deck Builds and see what they mix and match to get some ideas. And after looking at the descriptions I ended up going back to Shotgun and Hammer. I then went and got my Q3 hammer. Still going to keep gathering points so I can grab the shotgun as well. Too much fun running around Kingsmouth. Might as well put that fun to good use. So I set up two builds, one single target and one AoE. AoE is standard since there are so many packs of zombies btu looking forward to trying single target on end mobs. Hammer also gives me the option of going Hammer and Sword which is suppose to be a good survivability build.

I feel better now that I have made a choice. I knew the longer I put it off I would just end up staying in Kingsmouth till I had the entire inner wheel filled.
Ashenfield

Have you been up to the skate park and done the quests there and at the scrapyard?
Some good xp and quick AP.
Spidubic

I ended up there last night. Found a PDA, returned it to Justin (Danny) Beiber, and then headed off to the junkyard where I followed Tango. Want to go back tonight and do some exploring, maybe get some screen shots.
Ashenfield

Lots of good stuff there.
If you want to test out your build there are some good single targets.
Also, there are some mobs that Rico and I were two manning last night that dropped Level 3 loot with nearly every kill.
A good chance to progress your characters strength and test your mettle.
Let us know Happy
Spidubic

Sounds like a cool area. I am hoping to get on tonight, likely after 9pm. Not sure about Friday as we are up early Saturday working a yard sale for the day at a horse rescue. May or may not get on Saturday night either. Will have to play it by ear.
Spidubic

Made it out to the junkyard and beyond last night. Had some fun, died a few times. Gear Manager needs some work. You have to watch it constantly as the odd time I swap gear it drops pieces. Could not figure out how this one mob I use to kick butt on were suddenly handing me my ass. Doh! Remove four pieces of gear and see what happens. Still have some quests in Kingsmouth town to do before really moving on. Still really not feeling the rush to push forward.
Ashenfield

Yeah the gear profiles are definitely flakey.
My other biggest beef is that I can't find a way to quikly say "save over my AOE build with this gear"
I seem to have to delete the old and resave a new one.
Cumbersome given how often I am changing gear and skills.

That is a big complaint on the forums as well. No easy overwrite of a gear profile. Hopefully it gets fixed. For something as big a part of the game as swapping decks they kind of screwed up with the gear manager.
Spidubic

Amokk ran some quests out near the airport which netted hm mucho AP points. Debated where to put them then decided to attempt the second ring in shotgun. I now have a five second turret that blasts enemies around me. Pretty cool. Not deciding to strengthen it or try another tree for ome single argent love. No idea if these are good or bad choices.
Spidubic

Not too much in the way of new pictures. An old yellow school bus the junkyard guy is trying to get operational and a helicopter at a suspicious looking closed off area. Can smell government all over it.

Forum Image

Forum Image
Spidubic

I finally dug down and got both hammer and shotgun filled out in the first ring. I have grabbed a couple of skills in the second ring but so far I really have no idea where to go or what to choose. The skills are typically no more powerful than first tier skills but may add some condition that bumps damage if met. All these skills and the lack of hotbars means a lot of swapping in and out of builds(decks) of which this game is poorly designed. I constantly have to remake all my builds if I change one thing on one build. Then I have to remember skills and talisman layout as well. I almost need a notepad or something written down in Excel for when I need to redo. And even if I do it right some talisman leave me when I swap builds and then I have to open inventory and re-add them. Ugh!

With very little knowledge on skills and usage I am worried I am gimping myself or taking skills I will never use. I know we get AP points up the wazoo but it still bugs me that I am taking skills I have never used. And may never. Or that I am taking them in the wrong order or at the wrong time. Maybe the tree I chose is better for later on and another tree is good for right now. There is almost too many skills alot of which are simple duplicates of lower tier skills. Some even do less damage.

Double Ugh!
Spidubic

I gave up and started some word docs which I may switch to Excel worksheets since I can have all in one. Anyway, got tired of having gear manager swap lose skills and passives when I switched builds or change a build. Now at least I have a sheet that shows my layout so I can correct it easier. So now I have my builds set for the moment. Just wish there was an easier way to change builds than click C, select Gear Manager, select Build, Load, Agree to load, fix missing talismans and skills.
Spidubic

Since I cannot really feed my alt-a-holism in TSW I have followed the path of Rift but instead of multiple souls I have multiple decks. I have good single and AoE builds but one I lacked was a 'survival' built. A build with healing for solo instances that are a little too tough for my other builds. Found a good AR/Blade build that was classed as survival and since I already had points in AR and Blade I took the AP points I had and helped fill out some skills I need for a 'survival' build. So now hopefully if I come across a quest or area that is knocking me down I can swap to this build and get through.

Another reason for blade is there is a build called Goon that uses Hammer and Blade together. Figure that might be good for some good old melee hammer and blade slapdashery. Yeah, not a real word, I know.
Spidubic

Very busy night tonight. Ran around doing quests until I had enough SP and AP to finish my AR/Blade Survivor build. And I have to say it kicks ass. Single or multiple targets. So now I have that build along with Shotgun/Hammer AoE and single target builds. Plus perhaps the makings of a pure Marlee Hammer/Blade build. Of course with so many quests turned in I had enough points to get a QL5 Hammer and Blade.

Now back to exploring. Happy
Spidubic

Just finished Dead Air. Loving the investigation quests and how much effort Funcom has put into designing them. Of course another night of mass AP and SP along with hitting 40 coins. So off to the Savage Coast I go. I now have a QL5 sword, hammer, and shotgun. So each build has at least one QL5 weapon. Of course I have also maxed out my builds. I am a build whore.

Shotgun/Hammer - Two AOE builds and one single target.
Rifle/Blade - Ranged survival with healing.
Fist/Blade - Melee survival with healing.

I now have points in shotgun, hammer, blade, rifle, fist, with a touch in chaos and blood.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> The Secret World All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: