Site Inactive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> The Secret World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dizzarian

re: My play style for TSW

So I'm downloading this last remaining gig before I jump in the game. I've been looking forward to this game for a long while. I'll be going at the game very slow. I love the environment and lore so I'll be reading everything, hunting down every clue and just really immersing myself into the game.

I'm really looking forward to grouping up with everyone too and hoping we can pull that off this weekend. I'll be on mumble when I can so be sure to jump in and use it.
Spidubic

Same here, looking to go slow and enjoy the world. As for mumble I need the details for it. I downloaded and installed it a while ago but it had never liked any password I tried.
Ashenfield

Spidubic wrote:
Same here, looking to go slow and enjoy the world. As for mumble I need the details for it. I downloaded and installed it a while ago but it had never liked any password I tried.

emailed you the server info
Ashenfield

I expect to be taking things slow and enjoying the view as well.
Spidubic

TSW really places exploring at the forefront. Just wandering around picking up supplies for a quest lead me to the beach where I found a suicide note on the door of a house which lead me along the pier to a dead body. From here I found a beached trawler with a lore item on top and spent some time figuring my way up top to get it. I like how the game sidetracks you from pushing through the quests by making exploring lead you to interesting stuff.
Ashenfield

Played a couple more hours this morning.
Loving it.
Happy

Won't be on much tonight I don't think. If weather holds up I'll be in a tent with a gnome. Happy
Spidubic

I'm lost. I ended up basically wandering out into the countywide following a quest. This lead to another quest and another. Then a couple of side quests. Not I am on a beach somewhere overlooking a mass grave. Not even sure where town is. Oh yeah, and I also ended up finding some more lore items.

Haven't spend many AP and SP points either. Just running on my two shotgun and two hammer actions. Not really sure what to do and don't want to waste them even if I know a ton more are coming.
Ashenfield

Spidubic wrote:
Haven't spend many AP and SP points either. Just running on my two shotgun and two hammer actions. Not really sure what to do and don't want to waste them even if I know a ton more are coming.

I'm the opposite. I'm spending all sorts of points. Have them in fist, blade and heavy in elemental. (got my first 7 point skill, root ftw! )

Not sure you can waste them...
Spidubic

Yeah, I guess I should use them. I do have a rifle now and an elemental talisman. Maybe time to branch out and try other things.
Spidubic

TSW touts its lack of levels and it is true to a point that you don't have an ever increasing number over your head. But I see a lot of people in chat looking for people and using the QL level. So there is a level just not the standard level number.
Ashenfield

I guess there has to be some manner of progression indicator or we would all be newbs forever. Happy
That being said, QL is an okay estimate for lack of a level, but someone could have all Q3 gear but have all their AP spent on only the inner circle of the build trees with no real synergies in their skill choices.

So it's not really so cut and dry as QL5 > QL3; player power is a lot more dependent on how they build their characters and how they choose their equipped skills to deal with the given situation.

Ashenfield wrote:
That being said, QL is an okay estimate for lack of a level, but someone could have all Q3 gear but have all their AP spent on only the inner circle of the build trees

tongue out wink

Not quite me but close. LOL I still have some Q1-2 gear.
Spidubic

I think this quote sums up TSW game play quite nicely.

"It’s like playing through a really interesting novel with you in the role of the protagonist"
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> The Secret World All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: