Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashenfield

re: Krater

Krater released yesterday and Rico and I both tried it out.

Looks like a pretty promising dungeon crawler in a post apocalyptic setting.

Definitely some different mechanics from what I've see.

You control a party of 3 of the standard archetypes, Tank, Healer, Crowd control; but don't get too attached to them, they perma-die, get replaced and upgraded through the game.
From the looks of it you conscript upgraded party members like you would upgrade weapons. They gain xp and raise in rank, but there is a rank cap on them. to start with they go rank 0-5, but an upgraded member may go rank 0-10, so you need to keep up with attaining more powerful party members. You can also upgrade them with better weapons and implants to build them up.

The crafting is apparently pretty extensive useful, (read: necessary) though I haven't had a chance to look at it.

Visually they art design is quite good and there is a lot of detail in the towns. The towns are reminiscent of Borderlands structures.

Looks promising. At the moment it is released in single player, but there is a co-operative mode that will be released in the not too distant future.

Worth a look. $15 on steam.
Spidubic

re: Re: Krater

Ashenfield wrote:
Worth a look. $15 on steam.

This also makes it worth a look:

"The game brings you far into the future of a post-apocalyptic Sweden."

Hilarious!
Ashenfield

After a second night of intermittent play I'm still liking it Happy
It has a fresh feel. Admittedly I have still only scratched the surface but it's been quite amusing.
Spidubic

$15 is an awesome price and I am tempted. Problem is I have a backlog of games I have installed and never really played. A great deal is only great if I actually play the game. $15 to occupy hard drive space is not really a deal. But it is still tempting. Of course in a couple of weeks TSW will be out and I will need to fit it into my already limited playtime. Ugh!

Actually I guess my time is not really limited since I do spend about an hour a night reading. So I could devote more of that time to gaming if I wanted.
Spidubic

Okay, so I am now playing Krater. So far it is quite fun. Interesting controlling three characters. Takes some thinking which so goes against my charge in face first mentality. Pretty cool in an apocalyptic Abba 70's kind of way.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: