Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Spidubic

re: D3 - its here

Think I will pass on the guest pass. LOL But will ask the wife if she would like one to try D3. Need to find out here gamer tag first. hehe
Dizzarian

Sent one to ash.

Actually I'm enjoying this much more than I did in beta and while I thought the skill system had been basically ripped out I know see what they have done and it's pretty clever actually and still leads to a lot of class customization although you'll still only be playing with a few spells.

The best part turns out to be the multiplayer. They have made it so easy to play with your friends. When I log in on the screen I can see who's on and what quest they are on and simply hit the join button and with in secs I'm right with them. Banners make it easy to find them and get to them on the map. it's very well done.
I also pugged some yesterday which turned out to be just as good, easy and fun and it's really the way the game should be played unless you're just wanting to take it slow.
Torvalis

i sent you one spid, its not like i need it for anything.
painegiver

so check this out - elective mode....

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Use-Diablo-3-s-Elective-Mode-to-Equip-Any-Skills-You-Want-269828.shtml
Spidubic

Torvalis wrote:
i sent you one spid, its not like i need it for anything.

Thanks! Downloading at work in hopes of taking it home tonight but hopes have been dashed but super slow download speed. Ugh! Maybe a lot of people downloading D3 or something but I am getting under 100kb, down to 10kb in speeds. Its like I am home!
Dizzarian

painegiver wrote:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Use-Diablo-3-s-Elective-Mode-to-Equip-Any-Skills-You-Want-269828.shtml

OMG thank you thank you this is so great.. once you have it you can right click on a hot slot and select any skill. I just replaced one of my useless slots with something better.
painegiver

Dizzarian wrote:
painegiver wrote:

OMG thank you thank you this is so great.. once you have it you can right click on a hot slot and select any skill. I just replaced one of my useless slots with something better.

Pretty sweet huh? I was going through all the crap posts on the D3 forums and saw someone bitching about no one using elective mode - a google search later and i was like WTF! I have a whole new Barb now that i can switch skill slots around

BTW - check out the user reviews on metacritic for D3 - it was like 2:1 negative to positive user reviews - Blizz really set off a powderkeg with this game

from what i can figure out, people are pissed that its not diablo 2.5 - D2, but with dark environments and 20 level deep skill trees...

the always online part is annoying - i will grant that complaint
Spidubic

D3 is installed. Lovely error 3007 when it tries to go out an authenticate. Will try the fix later. Open port 1119 and raise TCP and UDP timeouts.

Single player games should not need Internet to play them.
Dizzarian

While I agree it should work offline, I think it's a mistake to call D3 a single player game. The more I play it the more I realize it's designed to be a multiplayer coop game in the same left 4 dead is. it's online component is actually very good and I'm at the point now I don't even really like to play d3 by myself.
Spidubic

I would love to try it and see whether I like the multi-player aspect over the single player but so far no go.
Spidubic

Finally got in.

Spidubic#1791
Spidubic

My wife would be very happy if someone would give her a guest pass. Used the one Torv sent on my account. She loves Diablo and wants to see how it plays with both of us playing.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: