Site Inactive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> The Secret World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkhawke

re: TSW Closed Beta..

Im in, thats all im sayin Happy woot

Just got an email from Funcom linking to the beta download for TSW. In the process now. Happy

And then I hit a snag. Patcher installed but when I run it I get the error:
Fatal Error: Unable to locate 'Roothash' key in patch
Ashenfield

Forums mentioned teh roothash error may have something to do with agressive firewall application or internet security program...

Try disabling.

Also got the the email for the beta weekend (not closed beta) Will be jumping in at some point to check things out.
Spidubic

Downloading fine at home albeit very very slowly. Thinking it is something in the router settings at work. Disabled firewall on the work computer with same result.
Darkhawke

Having hit the CB pretty hard this week , i gotta say im pretty excited for TSW, i really pushed the Assault Rifle tree along with some healing, and altho it needs alil love ( like an earlier snare) it wasan enjoyable build...

The questing really has a fresh "feel " to it.. very cool wandering around and finding hidden quests , and trying to solve them ... And you should take the time to solve them yourself.. Dont "google" and spoil the game.. this is the best part imo so far..

Looking forward to grouping up and takin on some of the more challenging ones...

I can best describe this game as Fallen Earth mixed with the MAtrix online...

Darkhawke wrote:
The questing really has a fresh "feel " to it.. very cool wandering around and finding hidden quests , and trying to solve them ... And you should take the time to solve them yourself.. Dont "google" and spoil the game.. this is the best part imo so far..

I can best describe this game as Fallen Earth mixed with the MAtrix online...

I did not get to spend as much time in TSW Weekend as I had hoped but I agree with both statements. TSW does require a bit of a rethink in how to play since questing and exploring have been tweaked. Rather than quests leading you to explore as typical in MMOs Funcom has reversed that so exploring leads to quests. Gotta give them two thumbs up on that move. I think it is better that way as it forces you to slow down and look at your environment rather than just blow forward to the quest hub. Part of my exploration led me to an alleyway where a ladder was set up next to a house. I climbed it and found an artifact. envy

Fallen Matrix or Matrix Earth. Definitely a good description. I am liking the setting. And being on earth I would hope means a massive world that can be opened up and explored over the next few years.

As for the Templars, I don't care for them. A little too hoiti toiti big ego we know what we are doing just shut up and follow us. I don't think they are for me.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> The Secret World All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: