Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dizzarian

re: Diablo 3 Open beta impressions

I have not got the amount of time in on D3 as I had hoped as blizzard is having a hell of a time with their keeping there servers up. It's a little worrisome that you can't even play a single player game of it with out their servers being online.

first impressions have left me rather flat on it. While I really like the look and sound of it because it has that classic diablo look and feel the game play is just clickity clickity click and yes that's the genere but they have removed a lot of the game play from it so it's just that. no longer are you fiddling with skills and attributes they just streamlined it so you don't have an choices except for which few you want to have on your bars.

The ranged classes are the ones that left me very unimpressed and just really not that fun where the monk and berserker felt a lot more tactical and fun.

The levels have some interesting things happen but nothing to ground breaking.

Bottom line for me these days is it worth the price of admission. Is diablo 3 worth $60? For me, no, I'm glad I got in open beta because this is not a $60 game for me. I'd pay about $30 for this game so I'll be waiting till it's that price point.
Spidubic

I am really not liking how single player games are all going the way of requiring some type of always on Internet connection. What if my Internet is down and I decide to play a single payer game? I can't? What if years from now I dust off D3 to play. Will it work if Blizzard has shut the servers down? A single player age should work no matter what.
Torvalis

i didnt get to play any beta or anything like that, but i have pre-ordered the game and will be picking it up on tuesday. hoping it is as good as the other two.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: