Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkhawke

re: Paths of Exile

If anyone has an urge to scratch there Diablo like loot bug... This is an excellent game by an indie and for 10$ you can help them out and get in beta...

Really great game with some awesome ideas that make it interesting and addictive.. along with the most massive passive skill tree i ave ever seen in any game..

https://www.pathofexile.com/

interactive Passive Tree..

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/

ok , o i put some good time in this on a Ranger...

So some info .. Graphically its a gorgeous gameworld with well animated combat..

The Ranger class is well made with a nice choice of skills to use..And has a good feel to it..

The skills come in the form of gems that can be slotted and removed at will in gear .. The gems lvl as you use them increasing the skill power...

SOme really great mechanics going on with the gear , if you are a loot whore who enjoyed the hours in Diablo this game will exceed those countless hpurs spent in D2 farming..

Its actually better "much better" yes thats right .. even in this beta stage it is a memorable and great experinece..

There are i think 15 types of .. for lack of abetter term currency (because they are used for trade with players and NPCs) But these currenues all have a purpose .. in altering gear ...

If you find a sword that has some decent stats but not quite what you want there are several ways to try and alter and upgrade its Procs ,stats , slots etc..

This game will be a F2P game and the Devs say the shop will ONLY sell cosmetic ..

I highly reccomend spending the 10$ and helping this Indie out and get access to the beta....

Amazing game with a very bright future and worth every cent

Up to a level 10 witch. It's been amusing.
And you're right, it's all about the gear Happy
Darkhawke

How ya likin the Witch...what class is it similar to...?

And im gonna try a Warrior or Mage next .. ive been stashing gear and Skill gems for them in my shared Stash

Ashenfield wrote:
Up to a level 10 witch. It's been amusing.
And you're right, it's all about the gear Happy

think my Ranger is at 15 .. and they did a real nice job scaling the difficulty ..really feels as if its ramping up as i progress.Happy

yea and im lovin screwing around with the gear ..even if i mess up still fun seeing what you can come up with or improve

And one more question ..What do you think of that Passive Skill Tree ... very cool imo..

Gotta go to inlaws to eat .. ill bb in a bit

Witch is the base mage class, and you can build how you like.
I've been focusing on summons and fire spells.
So kind of like a Diablo II necromancer at the moment.
The skill tree is pretty interesting and open. I can follow the tree to pure mage or I could go into the strength lines and make a battle mage.
Fun little dungeon crawler and good times with piles of mobs.
But again, the loot mechanic is piles of fun.
Darkhawke

And im gonna add... The potion mechanic is pretty snazzy .. love the way they worked this out .. elimnates the clutter and makes them actually interesting and extremely useful "Piece of Gear" innovative and brilliant... I love Indie devs........

Yeah the potions are nice. can they be upgraded like loot drops or do you just find better ones as you go?
I've already got my $10 worth today alone :-)
Darkhawke

Ashenfield wrote:
Yeah the potions are nice. can they be upgraded like loot drops or do you just find better ones as you go?
I've already got my $10 worth today alone :-)

yea potion bottles are treated as gear

Really one of the best games out there just got a great update .. great devs , great game...

chk it out http://www.pathofexile.com/

i still have it (PoE) on my desktop - but been too tied up in d3, and the steam summer sales have got me into batman arkem city (just as good as arkem asylum, if not better) and sins of a solar empire rebellion (Rico saw me on steam at 5:45am Sumday morning - yes, i started playing 6 hours earlier and completly lost track of time trying to finish my scenerio) - and im still messing around with skyrim awaitng its DLC to come to the PC....

Ill get to PoE - and TSW, eventually - too many games right now, especially with GW2 (which i preordered) on the horizon
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> Path of Exile All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: