Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidubic

re: Return to EQ2

I am loving my return to EQ2 and a lot of this I think is due to the Beastlord as starting from level 1 I am getting to relearn the game. When I came back with the free 45 days I jumped in with my 80+ level Monk and was totally lost. Even after playing enough to level I was still lost.

Frostfell happening now I think has also gotten me excited as I always loved doing all the quests and making stuff like the fireplaces. And of course decorating my house. EQ2 really does nail the fluff. Happy

I do find one thing curious. Any of you who are playing a new character notice your leveling speed being really fast? My BL hit 20 a day after creation and is still leveling like a madman. I remember it taking days to hit 20 way back when. Really sucks when I swap over to my Monk and see him leveling so slowly.
Dizzarian

Leveling is faster and there's sort of a "golden path" to leveling that they push you through now. It does slow down though especially the closer you get to 90. Unless you're in a rush to get to 90 for some reason though i would highly suggest going into your Advancement window and turning your slider to put some of you experience into AAs as AAs improve your character more than almost anything else.
Running at 50% is still a very fast leveling speed.
Spidubic

Dizzarian wrote:
i would highly suggest going into your Advancement window and turning your slider to put some of you experience into AAs as AAs improve your character more than almost anything else.
Running at 50% is still a very fast leveling speed.

Damn, forgot about being able to do that. Just popped in game and set my BL adventure XP to 50% into AAs.
painegiver

i just hit 40 on my inquisitor - where is a good place to level?

I tried a few of the islands but i always seem to get into too much trouble and die alot - i tired zek, lavastorm? (the volcano island), the enchanted isles - i cant seem to find a good place to level - i keep going back to karadim and dying to heroics....
Spidubic

What level is Enchanted Lands? I know I spend quite a few levels there. It was an awesome place to level.
Darkhawke

painegiver wrote:
i just hit 40 on my inquisitor - where is a good place to level?

I tried a few of the islands but i always seem to get into too much trouble and die alot - i tired zek, lavastorm? (the volcano island), the enchanted isles - i cant seem to find a good place to level - i keep going back to karadim and dying to heroics....

Rivervale

Steamfont

or Everfrost ............

Last edited by Darkhawke on 2011/12/18 11:53; edited 1 time in total
Dizzarian

Everfrost, and then lavastorm and sinking sands.

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Zones_By_Level
Spidubic

Today my account dropped from Gold to Silver since I cancelled. I can still log in but my BeastLord is locked since he is #5 of my characters and I am only allowed 4 active at Silver. I could buy a slot to get him up and running but when I log in and see I also lose access to most shared bank slots as well as character bank slots I don't see the point. I could play for free and likely will dabble but the locking of bank slots is a deal breaker.
Spidubic

Tried to play EQ2 tonight but the Silver membership is lacking too much for a long time player. You can have very little plat, most of my bank and inventory slots are locked. And my weapons are too high. So other than logging in to set up skill research I guess I am not playing EQ2 until I feel like paying the subscription.
Darkhawke

Spidubic wrote:
Tried to play EQ2 tonight but the Silver membership is lacking too much for a long time player. You can have very little plat, most of my bank and inventory slots are locked. And my weapons are too high. So other than logging in to set up skill research I guess I am not playing EQ2 until I feel like paying the subscription.

SOE Station package is a great deal right now.. for 19.00 a month you will always have something to do ...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: