Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidubic

re: Crafting

Looking at what tradeskill to take for my Beastmaster. I always like to be able to make my own skills so Jeweler would be the one to do that for my BL. And looking at the price of even low level skills on the AH I can definitely see the advantage. But with Research in game now how important is it to make your own skills? Alternately making my own armor is next on the list. But since the sets are 10 or so levels apart am I better off making due with quest armor or spending gold in AH? Jeweler would help all my characters but Armorer would only help my BL and Berzerker.
Relinna8519

Sounds like a tough choice. If you make the Jeweler for your spell upgrades, you'll either be harvesting ALOT for rares or spending plat to buy the rares and they get crazy expensive after awhile.

As for the armorer..with the new apprentice researches you can make some really nice fabled gear that's better than the PQ gear. It's all about crit mit in DOV so you want that as high as possible if you plan on doing some of the dungeons. But of course..there's always a money sink because you need a fabled
drop to make the gear. But once people start playing and finding them the price should drop on them.

If it was up to me tho...I would make the Armorer. Unfortunately..this expansion is really gear dependent. If you don't have enough crit mit you can't really do much of the harder zones. The guild I have Relinna in won't take me raiding because I have low crit mit..she's at 154! But then they all have raid gear and have crit mits of 220. =P
Spidubic

Your looking at a pure soloer here. I have zero interest in raiding. In EQ2 the only times I have ever grouped is with the guild. Other than that I solo 100% of the time.
Spidubic

I have decided to go the route of Armorer. the way I look at it with Researching I can over time upgrade my skills. I may not get the instant gratification of a more powerful skill but at least they can improve. If I took Jeweler for my skills I would be able to make them easy enough but I would either have to live with quest armor or buy my armor.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> EQ2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: