Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkhawke

re: FF14 LvL 60 :)

So finally got my main class BArd to lvl 60 this week , atm Ricochet is a..

60 Bard/34 LAncer/15 Pugilist...

42 Fishing/22Cooking/16leatherworking

And i can say in all honesty that FF14 is the Best Themepark MMO i have played , surpassing EQ2 and for a game that i intially quit very quickly my first go at, this really telling , But i kept reading player reviews of how great this game is, and dug back in ..

It does start out very slowly , and i can understand how the combat can put players off,And imo SE really should try to do something to make the class/combat more engaging early on .. It really didnt take off for me till i hit lvl 30 Archer /then Pugilist to 15 to get BArd class open .. So i am left wondering , at how much better FF14 would be doing( money wise)  if SE addressed this altho the game is doing fine with a great Pop , it could be much better imo .. I believe last numbers , they have somewhere in the range of 1 million subs (Which is strong)

The story in FF14 is second to none , if you enjoy this sort of thing and take the time to read it ,Main story is fantastic, with many,many sidequest Storylines sprinkled thruout..

The combat altho slow early on Ramps up and at endgame i have 3 hot bars of rotations and situational skills , Lots of positioning and fluid combat/ Really great instancing and Boss fights also ..

Gathering and Crafting are very useful , enjoyable and profitable ...

Gear and cosmetics is flatout amazing , some corny stuff in there for sure , but , everyone will find a look they like and oddly enough i am not sure if have ever seen two players look alike , A real testament to SE efforts in this area..

The Gold Saucer provides some great casual activities with Chocobo Racing Card Games etc...

MAny MAny great looking mounts to be had , and MAny unique minion/companion to follow you around if you like that ..

All that being said FF14 is an extremely well thought out and executed MMORPG in the truest sense , and should not be missed by any fan of the genre

Gratz!

Really wish I had stuck with FF14. It did feel like it was only time and turning a corner before it took off. With my schedule I just can't justify a monthly sub game anymore. My time is pretty much full with too many other hobbies. Friends of ours bought the farm my wife boards her miniature horse at so we have been spending a lot of time there fixing things up and just general work. Then I have my RC scale trucks that I build and drive as well as the scale garage I am working on at the moment. Not to mention Farm Sim 15 and Farm Expert 17 to play as well as Farm Sim 17 coming end of October. There is no time left to play a monthly sub game that due to CAD to USD exchange ends up costing $20 a month instead of $15. Oh well, someday I may pick up the sword again and venture to other lands.

Torvalis

sounds like you are pretty busy. I didnt really get into ff 14, mostly because i didnt understand it.

All that being said FF14 is an extremely well thought out and executed MMORPG in the truest sense , and should not be missed by any fan of the genre

Yeah i agree with that sentiment....it took me a while to get into the game, there is alot it throws at you at once in the beginning,  and its got that goofy asian aesthetic that furthers to confuse me even more, but once get get into the flow (and level up a bit) the game hits its stride - this game combines all of the fun things of various mmo's over the years, ditches most of the crap, and presents it in a very polished package...of all the mmo's ive played over the years this one gets one of the best ratings....whats scary...they are still updating and adding new things....

My big ugly hairy statement - if you want to recreate the fun you had in EQ2, this is the best game on the market right now to do it in - there, i said it...and its the truth...

i started a new char on gilgamesh - the main plot takes a while to get through but its not a bad thing....the only thing that is dragging right now is that im still trying to get my first mount but thats more on me as i have been focused on leveling and less on getting company marks for the mount..

this is the only mmo i have installed on my pc right now, and unless something insane comes out in the next year, the only mmo im planning on playing for the next 12 months...

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> MMO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: