Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidubic

re: Feeling the need to swing a sword

Still enjoying farming but feeling the itch to smack a baddie with sword. So looking into options for an MMO to try. EQ2 obviously because of the free to play aspect and amount of time I have invested. Don't have the latest expansion though. Looked into WoW but while I have the latest expansion it did not grab me. FFXIV has a 14 day trial so I am going to give it a shot. Seems interesting as much like GW2 the weapon you wield gives you different options.

Any input is welcome.

Dizzarian

ffxiv is an incredibly good game if the jrpg style doesn't bother you.  The game is deep with so much content and fun.

Spidubic

Hit level 5 last night. Liking it so far but it is not grabbing me. One dislike is being bombarded with in game /whisper spam to buy gold. Not sure how big the blacklist is but it better be a good size as I have already blacklisted 25+ gold spammers in a couple of hours of game play. It does look like a very deep game with lots of options for playing. Problem is going to be subscription. I am so use to playing whenever I want for free that going back to a subscription is something I am no longer sure is worth it. Farm Sim while not multiplayer is free past the box cost and modders keep adding new equipment and maps all the time. All for free. Really beginning to think I have outgrown MMOs. Or my tastes have changed to the point an MMO is no longer THE game to play. :(

Ashenfield

I get what you are saying about the MMO's.  At the moment they don't exactly fit my schedule and playtime.  I still enjoy them, but right now I am much more likely to pick up a game I can play and pause at any moment. I also have a fair bit of Minecraft homework assigned by my daughter that I need to keep up on. ;)

Don't write them off entirely!  Just imagine the next next generation MMO's.  Who knows what we'll see in our VR headsets. :)

First time i tried FF14 last year , i got to i think lvl 15 .. it didnt as you say grab me ... didnt like it a whole lot and uninstalled ...

For months as i spend my time on forums i keep reading all the reviews from folks who love it .. and discuss its features...

Skeptically i try again ... and pushed my way into the 20s , and then it starts to grab me , the game begins to open up , and you begin to see the bigger picture of what this truly great MMO brings ..

A PVE MMO in its purest form .. with top notch crafting and stroy-telling .. Faction ,Dungeons, Fates etc...the list goes on and on ..

Currently my BArd is at lvl 47 and looking forward to Heavensward expansion this spring..

An amazing MMO that has quietly slipped into my top 5 MMos all time..

Also , Spid been playing a bit of DCUO ... great combat , you may find a melee build there that you would enjoy ..

so im in the teens at this point - and yeah, same story as rico - I was really turned off at first, but the more I play the more I enjoy this game....I would really like to see if we can all get into this game because this might be a good home for us for the time being

my one sentence summary - a mix of all the positives of AC2/EQ2/LOTRO/GW2

Darkhawke

painegiver wrote:

so im in the teens at this point - and yeah, same story as rico - I was really turned off at first, but the more I play the more I enjoy this game....I would really like to see if we can all get into this game because this might be a good home for us for the time being

my one sentence summary - a mix of all the positives of AC2/EQ2/LOTRO/GW2

Would be a great game for a small group as it has metoring for dungeon runs and Syncin for open world fate running , also as you can learn all jobs makes it nice for filling out a group ... but i dont see that happening ..

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: