Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Torvalis

re: Elite: Dangerous

so, i bought this game because i thought it looked awesome. after attempting to play it, i realize that i am either too stupid, or it is overly complicated. i can do the docking/undocking, supercruise, and all that, but i got some missions (like kill pirates or whatever) and cant seem to locate any of them...after wandering around in the areas it told me to for an hour or so. it was just totally boring... maybe one of you guys have it, and could maybe help me understand better? (i basically feel like i just threw 60 dollars in the trash bin)

Can't be of much help, but I kind of want to buy it :)

To me the game isn't finished and they'll put in actual things to do later.   It's very much a sandbox and it seems most are quite content just flying around and doing deliveries and such.   I've done a few of the kill missions and it's sometimes very hard to find the targets if they even show up.  Look around nav beacons and such identifying everything till you get your target.

I love the feel of the game as far as the flight dynamic go but for actual game it's kinda meh but I think they'll be adding that in in the next 6 months or so then it could be great.

Torvalis

i guess my initial thoughts on it were correct, then. i do not want to be a space courier, i wanted to kill pirates, lol! so, i guess i wont be playing until (or IF) they do something to change it.

That's why some are calling it euro truck simulator in space lol.   I hope they really do fill it in because the combat can be so much fun but there just really isn't that much of it right now.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: