Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Nidous

re: ArcheArge Server

Spidubic wrote:

I have hit level 6 in my wanderings. Decided to take Occultism as a second skillset. Auramancy will likely be my third. That way I am balanced, defence, offence, and other. Hoping they play well together. Learned melee is not the best route to take in Archeage according to a lot of sites. We shall see. So far a pretty fun game that is playing quite well on my connection. Lots to learn. Have already chopped trees and mined a bit. Trying to figure out Labour points. I gain them every 5 minutes but at some point lost 1/3rd of them somehow.

The good thing for you, at your level, is once you reach level 10 and unlock the capability of having three skillsets at once you can change the skillsets to range if you prefer that without losing progress. From level 10 on all skillsets will be set to level 10, but any unused skillsets will not be gaining exp as your character does. So you if you level three skillsets from 10-20, the remaining skillsets will still be level 10. Reach level ten, do some research on skillsets, and play around at the skill manager npc to see what you like. 

Spidubic

Thanks Nidious! Good thing to know on the skillsets. I discovered the woman next to the statue this morning that lets you change them. And after doing some reading I have decided to give Spellsword a try. Not melee centric but looks interesting. I like the idea of tossing spells at range then leaping in and wacking away with my sword. I Play my lute to disorient the enemy, freeze arrow to slow the enemy and fireball to do damage to them before they reach me then finish them off face to face. Watch out Ash! I wield a wicked sword AND toss fireballs!

Nidous

Spidubic wrote:

I have hit level 6 in my wanderings. Decided to take Occultism as a second skillset. Auramancy will likely be my third. That way I am balanced, defence, offence, and other. Hoping they play well together. Learned melee is not the best route to take in Archeage according to a lot of sites. We shall see. So far a pretty fun game that is playing quite well on my connection. Lots to learn. Have already chopped trees and mined a bit. Trying to figure out Labour points. I gain them every 5 minutes but at some point lost 1/3rd of them somehow.

Once you hit level 10, all skillsets will be bumped to level 10 with you, but thereafter only your active skillsets with level with you. If you arent liking what you're playing now or after research have some doubts, you can switch to three new skillsets and they will be level 10. I suggest finding a combo you like now instead of later down the road like I did.. it was a pain in the rear to catch them up to my character level. Keep in mind there will be people spouting about meta-builds as usual, but just play what you think will be fun to you. It'll work. 

Nidous

My internet has been crapping on me all evening so I double posted lol

Torvalis

right now im doing ebonsong. archery/shadowplay/songcraft. seems pretty cool.

I tried to avoid Shadowplay because everywhere I looked there it was .

Ashenfield

Spidubic wrote:

Craft something...Costs labour

Mine, chop, harvest...costs labour

Open a loot bag...costs labour...

keep that horse spawned as much as possible.  Not sure if you noticed but it gains xp from running, as well as from when you are fighting.  (Even though it generally just stands there like a lump)

Wondered why my horse was not leveling very fast.

Ended up dropping Songcraft and taking Shadowplay. Could not get into Songcraft plus it really bugged me that my character pulled a lute out of is ass and played a tune then stuck it back in and grabbed his sword and shield. Also trying out 2H sword.

Spidubic

So I have just learned as a F2P player I cannot own land. And also as a F2P player my crafting is limited by labor points. I totally understand why and am not really bothered by this. But. Since crafting was a big thing about AA for me it does become a problem. Basically I have not logged in in a week and don't see myself so in the near future. I like the idea of my horse gaining XP and thus having to have him out. But. I hate the fact he gets in my way and blocks my view. I could make him stay but not sure of the range. Plus I am just not feeling the itch of AA. It is not grabbing me enough to pay and see of the crafting and ownership of a home might be worth it. And when I would rather be in the cab of  John Deere 6210R going back and forth baling hay than smacking down monsters with my big a$$ sword it makes me wonder.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> MMO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: