Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ashenfield

re: ArcheArge Server

Switched to the Inoch server from Kyrios yesterday.

Average queue times through the day on Kyrios were an hour or better from about noon onward.  Hitting something like 3000+ people in queue at times.

The Inoch queues were there, but even at peak it was something like 45-60 players so the wait time was maybe a minute.

So if anyone else decides to join up that's where I'll be :)

Last I saw Dizz was level 11 there and Rico was up to 8.

did not realize that it was free to play, and thought i had to buy the box. well, i just saw that and am installing it on glyph, now. it wasnt good enough to drop 60 on, but maybe just to dink around a bit. who knows, i might get a little better, further along.

well, the queue for inoch is like 2k players, and "about an hour". not waiting that long to play, so i guess i will have to make a character late at night or during the week.

i did finally get on inoch server, but i havent seen any of you guys on. the queues have finally seemed to "mostly" calm down, and i have been able to play a bit. i am now level 15. if you guys have started a guild, and you can invite me when i am on...put torvalis on your friends list. would appreciate it, thanks.

No guild as of yet.  Will add you though.

I could and probably should download and install AA but it is just not grabbing me. Even though it is free. I guess I know I cannot devote a lot of time to it so not much point. Maybe if and when Farm Simulator cools off I might give it a go but that seems a ways down the road.

Spidubic

Well I think I may have to give AA a try. Was reading Syncaine's blog and he hates F2P and did not have much good to say about AA before release. But he has been playing it and his mindset has turned 180 degrees. He says that even with the F2P crap the game is worth playing. Very high praise from him given it is F2P and more of a themepark. Might see about installing it today.

Ashenfield

I think you would enjoy it.

Only issue is that I think part of what you would particularly enjoy is the housing/farming/crafting aspects which are a bit hard to come by due to the lack of land.

I expect in time this will self correct as people stop play and lose their land plots, or move on to bigger and better land parcels.

I'm finding crafting is a very viable way to gain experience if you want to.

I made a set of first level leather armor for a friend last night and gained about half a level from 27-28.

I'm liking crafting more than I expected here.  

I agree, the crafting is oddly addictive - plots are already getting easier to find, just need to be persistent to find one - and you can use the public plots when your getting started....

I haven't had much time to play recently, so my routine is a 30 minute speed round - log in, goto crafting plot, feed my animals/tend to my plants, go run a few quests in the pve areas, and harvest what I can before I log out

I ran one of the trading routes a few days ago and got over 3 gold - it was a bit of a pain because your travel speed is cut significantly when you are delivering goods, but I think It just a matter of taking public transportation more than trying to get there on foot...and the payoff was worth it

im level 21 now - I hear the game really starts ramping up at 30.....

Darkhawke

Spidubic wrote:

Well I think I may have to give AA a try. Was reading Syncaine's blog and he hates F2P and did not have much good to say about AA before release. But he has been playing it and his mindset has turned 180 degrees. He says that even with the F2P crap the game is worth playing. Very high praise from him given it is F2P and more of a themepark. Might see about installing it today.

Amokk you would love this game , Crafting and farming are just awesome , really done well , and you dont have to participate in the FvF at all if you choose not to , the PvE is also fun and class/builds are exceptional

Amokk - Nuian Battlerage - Melee of course.

Or is it Amokk Lute playing fool?

Darkhawke

Nice Amokk, hope an 8x8 plot opens so you can start some farming... I know you will really like the Trade/Craft aspect of AA

hope you are liking it.

I have hit level 6 in my wanderings. Decided to take Occultism as a second skillset. Auramancy will likely be my third. That way I am balanced, defence, offence, and other. Hoping they play well together. Learned melee is not the best route to take in Archeage according to a lot of sites. We shall see. So far a pretty fun game that is playing quite well on my connection. Lots to learn. Have already chopped trees and mined a bit. Trying to figure out Labour points. I gain them every 5 minutes but at some point lost 1/3rd of them somehow.

Spidubic

Horse!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> MMO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: