Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Spidubic

re: TESO

Call me an idiot or a follower but after spending the day yesterday reading about TESO's early launch and how smooth it has gone and then reading about all the options as far as classes go I ended up buying it. Figure it comes with 30 days game time so that lowered the $60 box price to $45. Knew I had to buy it today if I wanted any chance of downloading at a decent speed since I am at work. The download is 23 gigs! At home I would be a week downloading the game. At least here at work I may get it downloaded today if not tomorrow.
Spidubic

Five minutes before I am done work the 23 gig download finishes. Yippee! It starts applying the patch so I close the lid but leave the laptop running all the way home. Finally finishes and then starts a small 100 meg download at home. Still saying 27% finished. Odd. Then it finishes that download and starts a 5 gig download. Doh! Sometime around 5am the game finally finished updating. Logged in and created a Khajiit Templar. Did a lot of reading last night and High Elf was recommended for a Templar. Khajiit are okay. They get a bonus to health regeneration, melee crit, crit damage, and stealth. Figured since I was going two-hander that the bonus would at least help a bit. So I decided to go against the recommendations. TESO is suppose to be a game you be what you want with no real bad choices so I am going off the rails and just doing what I want. I will read up on recommended choices but will pick what I want. Even if it turns our wrong. Who knows. I was going to go Dragonknight as he is the melee up close and personal guy. But that would be the obvious choice.
Spidubic

LOL Had to redo my character. Did not realize races could be in any faction. Oops. Guess I did not read enough.
Spidubic

Two characters created. Aldmeri Dominion. Spidubic - Templar Amokk - Dragonknight
Spidubic

Hit level 6 on my Templar. Going slow, getting sidetracked exploring. Grab quests when I can. Harvesting everything I find. Did not spend any skill points till I hit level 5 as I was not sure what I wanted to do. Have put a few points into skills which are now increasing in levels. At first I thought I would hate not having a mini map but the compass bar is growing on me. Kind of like not knowing exactly where I am. Really looking to level slow and explore every bit of the area I am in.
Dizzarian

I'm in as well although I've been side tracked with killing kerbals lately.  I think TESO is fun although I've run into several bugs I would have liked to seen fix before launch.

Spidubic

Interesting. So far I haven't run into any bugs. Or if I have I did not realize it.
Ashenfield

Dizzarian wrote:

...I've been side tracked with killing kerbals lately...

Poor Bill Kerbal.  I spent 10+ minutes getting him back into the shuttle after an EVA gone awry, only to have him land on a mountain side and roll down to his ultimate demise....

RIP Bill.  :)

My TESO gaming has come to a halt. For whatever reason when I try to set up a subscription it fails using my credit card. No idea what the error is. Used the card to pay for the game and it has been used since for stuff so I cannot see an issue with the card. Tried Paypal but it does not give credit card option like is usually does but wants to pull from my bank account instead. So no go there. So I am stuck with 30 free days of game time that I cannot use because they won't accept a credit card they did a few days ago. Not happy at all. Been in touch with support so we shall see.
Spidubic

Kudos to the TESO team. They gave me a 1 day code that allowed me to use the 30 days free with the game so I can continue to play while they try and figure out my issue.
Spidubic

Decided after getting back in game to make a Sorcerer melee. Have heard some good things about going melee on a Sorc. I like my Templar but not finding the healing side being all that helpful. Could be it is just too early in the game. Three characters made: Spidubic - Templar Melee Amokk - DragonKnight Darkstryyder - Sorc Melee
Dizzarian

Spidubic wrote:
Kudos to the TESO team. They gave me a 1 day code that allowed me to use the 30 days free with the game so I can continue to play while they try and figure out my issue.

Wow nice, glad to see this level of support.

Darkhawke

or we could look at the polar oppsite where they have dbl charged thousands that have already cncelled there sub to avoid a charge at all .. But there EULA allows them to charge for the next month without 30days notice.. which makes it impossible to not be charged .. Dirty play where im from..

Not much happening in TESO. Melee Sorc is nearly level 8. Branched off a bit and started up the pet line. Really cannot wait to hit the level where you unlock weapon swapping but now worried I will not get there before the 30 days free play time is up. Sadly TESO was awesome to start, The openness of the classes and weapons choices seemed brilliant. Just going out and wandering is cool. I have found several lore books and raised skills by finding other items. Crafting is fun so far but the craft I want to do, Enchanting, has been next to impossible to do simply due to a lack of red runes. I have found a ton of blue and yellow but so far in all my wandering I have found 1 red rune. This has put an overall damper on my enthusiasm for crafting and exploring. Add in that leveling is slow and TESO has went from kickass awesome to ho hum in less than two weeks. Thankfully no recurring subscription has been set up so after 24 days my account will simply stop working. Bottom line is TESO has 3 weeks to get me excited again. Reality is I don't see that happening.
Spidubic

Never did get back into TESO. At some point they gave me 5 more days of game time. Guess they figured I needed it to get my credit card figured out. But I won't be subbing. I think the issues I had trying to pay for the subscription soured me on the whole game. Why play and get excited about it if I cannot get the credit card to work?
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> MMO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: