Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Spidubic

re: Spring/Summer gaming

Hoping in the next couple of days to get some more playtime in on TESO to see if I can kindle any sort of desire to continue. Never did solve the credit card issue so maybe that is a good thing. In a away that has soured me on continuing to play. I know I have 2 more weeks till I need to make a credit card work, just not sure I want to. Read a bit about FF14 but never looked beyond that. Looks like the digital download is $30 so might be worth a shot. Still debating Wildstar. I like the idea of the Engineer and his pets. Seen quite a few people who like it so far in beta. But I wonder if like TESO I will sour on it quickly. Hate to say it but I may sub to WoW again for a month. So much I did not finish that I would like to do.
Spidubic

For the past few weeks I have been playing the Wildstar Beta trying to like it enough to buy it. So far it has not grabbed me. I like the Engineer class and his ability to have two robot pets out but I don't love him. The game seems to have too much going on onscreen. At times it seems overpowering. Not sure if it is the cartoony characters or the colours. After the TESO debacle I think I will pass. Forget the above. Ended up with a 20% off coupon and decided that made Wildstar worth a shot.
Darkhawke

I really wanted to like Wildstar and also played the Engie .. but i can relate to some of your points and it also just felt like more of the same..

I will add this , when Archeage opened for alpha i quickly jumped in as i have been anticipating this game for 2 years .. It was 150 $ to get in alpha ..

Worth every cent and this is the best MMO experience i have had since UO ... HAnds down best MMO in years .... Fucking amazing in every way ..

work and life have kept me busy - D3 is good for 20min to an hour and that seems to be all the time I have anymore

the 30 min I played of archage was fun - im planning on playing some more as soon as I have some time - the only bummer for me was that the race I wanted to play looks like an Asian teenager - game has one of the most feature rich char creation engines ive ever seen (CoH/Skyrim comes to mind) but no matter what I did my dude looked like an asian boy......

still wont stop me from diving in - game looks great and Rico messages me every day about how much of an e-boner he has for this game :)

Torvalis

Darkhawke wrote:

I really wanted to like Wildstar and also played the Engie .. but i can relate to some of your points and it also just felt like more of the same..

I will add this , when Archeage opened for alpha i quickly jumped in as i have been anticipating this game for 2 years .. It was 150 $ to get in alpha ..

Worth every cent and this is the best MMO experience i have had since UO ... HAnds down best MMO in years .... Fucking amazing in every way ..

i was looking at archeage for a while, good to hear that it is good. i will just wait and hope for a beta invite/open beta or release time. recently i have been doing an eve online revisit, but i always seem to get bored after a while. warthunder is also pretty good, its free to play/try!

At the moment most of my gaming is on the Xbox.

Have recently run through Force Unleashed I and II.

Just Finished Dungeon Siege III, just started Dragon Age II.

The 360 is getting some play time lately because the 60" TV and recliner are just so damned well suited to my being lazy and hiding from the kids. :)

So going into summer this has really been an exceptional season for gaming , so many good games wish i had more time ....  Got my Hunter/Ranger to lvl 60 today in Neverwinter, and continue to explore Archage with my Outrider , and Healer ..

..   Been havin some fun in POE and a couple new Rogue-likes on Steam , along with the arrival of Distaant Worlds on Steam which i have hyped and lobbyed for ,for 3 years.. Grats to Erik and that dev team .. 

So summer coimng up fast and it looks to be shaping up to be a fun one , for the pc games

i am considering buying wildstar, mostly because not much else is holding my attention. if anyone else has bought it and has some friend invites, i would like to have one! would like to try it before i buy it.

This is probably the first time I'm passing on a new mmo release.  I've been in wildstar beta for a while and it's a solid thempark mmo but just didn't grab me.  I figure I'll try it when it goes F2P or majorly on sale.

Right now though, I am having a blast in Neverwinter.  If you throw away the fact that it's suppose to be a DnD game it's really pretty fun.  Everyday there's something new to do and try.  

Other than that I've been working on a personal project a lot so not a lot of free time for gaming.

Spidubic

Wildstar has been quite the oddity for me. Usually I am super eager to play and love the game in Beta and right into launch, chomping at the bit to play. But with Wildstar the Closed Beta really did not grab me, nor did the Open Beta. I was all set not to play it then I got the discount code and figured okay, why not? Even the Headstart did not grab me. But as I leveled and got out into the world I liked it more and more. Hit level 10 the other day and am glad I decided to play it.
Dizzarian

keep us updated spid, I suspected that it really opens up the farther you get in.

Torvalis

Spid, could you please PM me one of your guest keys? i would like to give it a shot! thanks, if you can!

well, after getting the key from spid, and several hours of playing (im lvl 11 now). i think this is going to be a no for me. it is kind of fun, has some funny moments, and the combat is fluid, but for some reason it just isnt grabbing me...cant really pinpoint what it is. i never bought eso, either, even though i am a big elder scrolls fan. after playing the beta for it...it just wasnt for me. still dinking around in eve online, though. maybe archeage will do it for me, when it comes along.

I am liking it more the further I get into it. Mind you I love the costume options and housing so if you are not into that then mileage may vary. It is still not an OMG you have to play this is so awesome kind of game but I can see getting at least the free month out of it. Beyond that who knows. I have no other games that interest me in playing atm so it is filling a void.

Darkhawke

So i hit Wildstar pretty hard again got to lvl 16 , and altho a fun game , and if we had a guild effort at playing it (i would jump in ) .. Otherwise  like i said just feels more of the same and the only class i like is the Engie and other games have done that class better .. (hmm should of tryed the Healer maybe but .. time is up..)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: