Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Spidubic

re: Spring/Summer gaming

What does your Spring/Summer game time look like? ESO is do out shortly. Wildstar is coming June 3rd. Or will you be sticking to tried and true games? MMO or single player? For me I am holding off on both ESO and Wildstar. Wildstar looks intriguing whereas ESO I am on the fence. Neither has grabbed me like other MMO releases have. Or maybe I am just jaded enough to realize if I wait for a month I will get a clearer picture of whether the game is worth it or not. I have bounced around a few games but nothing has held me so far except WoW. And I am pretty sure that is good for another month, two tops. I did pre-order the next expansion for better or worse. May try to get back into Kingdoms of Amalur or give Planet Explorers a shot. The more I look at it the more I think go for it. LOL
Spidubic

Okay, WoW did not last the month or two I predicted. Well it could have but I was not playing enough to in my mind justify the subscription. But I have the pre order so I will be back to it later in the year.

Gaming calender is wide open now.

Kingdoms of Amalur - barely scratched the surface of it so a return should happen.

Farm Simulator - I just love trying out the new equipment people add to the game. But it is only a minor distraction.

Planet Explorers - It is not grabbing me like I expected. A little disappointed. Might give the Build option a shot and just try building things.

EQ2 - not ready to go back.

Rift - Updating now but not feeling it.

World of Tanks - Had some fun playing it. Should give it another go.

GW2 - So much has changed. So lost. Perhaps roll a new character and try relearning?

Path of Exile -

Neverwinter - Again, never really grabbed me the first time.

STO - Kind of tugged at me but only for a moment. Might try again.

LOTRo - Just cannot get into it. Wish I could but just can't. Not sure if it is the class I chose or what.

MechWarrior - Would love to play it more but it never grabbed me. Think I compared it too much to WoT which I was playing at the time.

The Secret World - Been so long. Love all the options for weapons and the way the quests played. Might give it a whirl. So many choices but nothing really saying play me.

Ashenfield

Wow was amusing for a bit, but didn't stick.

I am still liking planet explorers, I think it will be my go to voxel game for a while.  I love the 3d builder. :)

My spring/summer game time is going to be on the low end.  Starting few courses at the end of April that will take a fair bit of my free time.  (Unless I get some time to work on it a bit a work)

my game time is mostly taken by world of tanks, but i am probably going to get back to d3 for a bit and pick up the expansion, it is looking nice. also, i have been playing titanfall off and on, but it didnt really catch me like i thought it would. other than that nothing else seems to catch my attention lately. i dont see any good game releases coming until this fall/winter.

I have also been semi following TESO and Wildstar. At first Wildstar seemed very cool. Loved the idea of a spaceship for a house. But now it does not sound like that is the case. You have an island? Far as TESO goes I am not 100% sold on it being more than a 30 day adventure. Looking at the amount of MMOs I have played and could return to I wonder if I need yet another.

Darkhawke

I am really surprised that you dont like Planet Explorers, really thought you would , maybe you need to play a bit more , it starts a bit slow , but it is basically a tutorial for a bit... 

Blockstory is coming to Steam also in 3 weeks which you may like better .. chk it out..

I am really pretty quiet on the mmo front myself ... time is a problem to dedicate to any mmo seriously right now..

but have been still dinkin around in Wow a bit and for 23 $ i am trying FF14 , beautiful gameworld .. seems interesting so far..

But i thinki wil be passing on TESO and Wildstar and holding out for the NA launch of Archage by Trion which should be this early summer, and possibly Pathfinder by years end i am hopin

Darkhawke wrote:

I am really surprised that you dont like Planet Explorers, really thought you would , maybe you need to play a bit more , it starts a bit slow , but it is basically a tutorial for a bit... 

I was surprised too. But I do know part of it is I have not played it enough to really scratch the surface. Will need to work on that. Other part is coming from Minecraft where everything is straight lines and 90 degree corners. A hole in the ground is a square or rectangle. In Planet Explorers it is a hole.

Dizzarian

For me, I'm very much looking forward to ESO.  I've preordered and will be in it next week.  I'm not for sure it will last more than a month but I know it's fun and worthwhile for that.

D3 I'll be playing quite a bit it's really turned into a great game and ROS has only added to that.

FFXIV - Having a lot fun in this right now, I'm a bit worried it's going to turn into a grind but it's great for now.

Planet Explorers - Meh, It's not grabbing me either.  I see the potential but will wait for the polish, I'm not going to commit to giving it a fair try till it's closer to release.

EQ Landmark - I'm actually more inclinded to play this over planet explorers but still I'm not much into building things right now.

Wildstar - I don't know really, I know I'll probably buy it.  It's fun in that it's a polished themepark mmo.  I'm not rushing to preorder though.

Torvalis

i think i am kind of mmo'd out for the time being. d3 is pretty cool now, though. just did my first rift, got a couple decent items, including one set item that was a very nice upgrade. other than that, world of tanks still seems to be my go to game for now.

One wonders if you can have too much of a good thing. I have been playing MMOs for 15 odd years. Perhaps that is long enough to grow bored. Or is it just getting older that does it? Amusingly even though I canceled my WoW account a couple of days ago I am thinking that was a mistake. I have tried to play other games but so far nothing is grabbing me. Then I think of all the things left undone in WoW. I was almost to the point of being able to make myself an awesome Purple staff.
Spidubic

Damn Torv! You have been playing WoT quite a bit. Last time I played we were close in matches played. Now you have 10x the matches. Whew!
Spidubic

Well Dizz. Have you had a chance to try out ESO yet? Any thoughts?

Torvalis

Spidubic wrote:
Damn Torv! You have been playing WoT quite a bit. Last time I played we were close in matches played. Now you have 10x the matches. Whew!

yeah, i dont play much else besides it. everything else coming out is either garbage, or not of interest to me, but that should change this fall.

After a ruff start to the spring i am pleasantly surprised at lots of good gaming , when i have time... 

Of course i against my judgement i tried ESO , but that only lasted 1 week , and this half an Elder Scrolls game and half-baked MMO was qwikly unistalled and unsubscribed..This game is a complete tailspin atm and they had better get there act together ..

So after that i decidied to try FF14 and i am completly blown away at how good this game is , honestly one of the best MMO experiences i have had in years , a great MMO in every way ..

And also have been hittin Might and Magic X Legacy pretty good , excellent game .. very well done and deserving of its place in that classic series..

D3 had occupied a good bit of my gaming time , but taking a break for a bit , but definitley will return.. 

Waiting on a Planet Explorers update which i really enjoy and have great hope for...

And picked up the old school dungeon crawl Fate and giving it another run thru , its charm is still there .. good nostaligic game ....

im passing on ESO for now - right now I have installed D3, planet explorers, and FTL (with the new advanced edition patch) - D3 is a really good time and ill start another post on it

I saw dizz in FF14, I own it, I just havent played it much - maybe we could get a semi regular guild night together for it?  Id be down with that....

I looked at the steam coming soon and nothing jumped at me - other than tropic 5 :)

my nephew has been playing rust so I might check it out - though he seems to enjoy it for the griefing - much like the original day z mod

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: