Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Darkhawke

re: Planet Explorers..

Now available on Steam ... great game that brings the Minecraft experience i always wanted ... just get it .. nuff said..

http://planetexplorers.pathea.net/

Have to agree with Rico on this one.
The world is massive, and extremely diverse.

Mining is a lot more organic than Minecraft.  Blocks include multiple types of resources and break off in smaller chunks at a go. 

Building is far more advanced as well.  With the ability to place multiple blocks at a time, in different configurations. i.e. 1x1, 2x2, 4x4 blocks.  As well as various cuts of the stone to build more detailed structures.

And crafting...wow.  It's immense.  medpacks, bows, swords, guns, automated sentries, and yesterday I stumbled upon a vendor selling parts to build an attack helicopter complete with weapon loadouts.

The creatures of the world are also quite impressive.  Pack hunting alien rabbits, massive ground shaking turtles, flying behemoths.  It's really amazing what they've come up with and they are not even done yet.  

I think it will be my go to voxel style game for a good while to come.

Oh, and did I mention craftable jetpacks, hang gliders, helicopters, hovercrafts, grenades, bazookas, lasers...

)

Yea this couild be some great fun settin up a Defenders server and gather, build , defend , and attack .. really has a great feel and even in its current state is extremely playable and lotsa fun ...

I took a look a bit deeper.  Apparently you can actually design your own functional vehicles from the ground up. The potential for user generated content is pretty amazing.

Also, looks like hosting a server isn't out of the realm of possibility.  Will look into it more on the weekend, though it's probably a bit early to be thinking about a dedicated server as things will still be changing alot.

Maybe I'll look at hosting one through the UI on steam to try it out.

Ashenfield wrote:

Also, looks like hosting a server isn't out of the realm of possibility.  Will look into it more on the weekend, though it's probably a bit early to be thinking about a dedicated server as things will still be changing alot.

Maybe I'll look at hosting one through the UI on steam to try it out.

Yea i was looking at that create tool , you can design any weapon also i believe .. melee and ranged..

Added to my Steam wish list. May get it at some point. We shall see. I barely have enough time to do anything in WoW right now. And once the weather gets better and the wife starts doing more at the farm then I will be getting more involved with my RC trucks so gaming time will become a thing of fairy tale legend. But then it starts to look tempting...................
Spidubic

Just thinking. I wonder how sandboxy this game is? Says you can design your own sword and flying vehicle for example. My question is could I build myself a flying house? Something I could move from place to place? Now that would be COOL! My own Heli-carrier!
Ashenfield

Might be tough to get enough power/rotors to lift a house :)

Been watching some videos and one showed building a vehicle and it looks like there are size limitations. Small or large so building a helicarrier might not be possible. Still a big flying or perhaps driving war wagon would be cool.
Spidubic

Okay, I am in. Well, game is bought. Download looks to be about 4-6 hours. Some time tomorrow I might be in.
Ashenfield

Spidubic wrote:
Been watching some videos and one showed building a vehicle and it looks like there are size limitations. Small or large so building a helicarrier might not be possible. Still a big flying or perhaps driving war wagon would be cool.

Keep in mind that we're still in pre-release.  it may be possible later.

I did see a guy that had hacked the editor and made a much larger item, so technically it could be possible later :)

Custom made silver double barrel rifle. :)

I love this game.

228dmg (114/barrel)

Double barrel

Ashenfield wrote:

Custom made silver double barrel rifle. :)

I love this game.

228dmg (114/barrel)

Double barrel

Wow .. badass lookin , i need to fool with the creator more .. but havin so much fun just followin the story lines and explorin

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: