Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidubic

re: No Man's Sky

What do we think? Have not heard much about it till today. And so far what I have read sounds interesting. Worth $67 Canadian?
Ashenfield

What do we think? Have not heard much about it till today. And so far what I have read sounds interesting. Worth $67 Canadian?

Ah, the MMO in which (according to probability) you will never, ever see another player :)

I'm sure there will be some interesting bits to it, but at the end of the day it's a proceduraly generated experience like that of Minecraft.  After the initial excitement of finding new and wonderful planets with their unique flora and fauna I expect users will start to realize just how finite the experience actually is as the worlds and creatures will be generated based on a finite number of procedures.

Planet 1: "Omg!  That looks like an alien hippo with a horn"

Planet 2: "Wow!  An alien hippo with 3 horns!"

Planet 3: "Huh, another alien hippo with 2 horns, and it's purple."

Planet 24; "Another fn Hippo."

Worth $67 CDN?  Not to me.  Wait for the steam sale and some game maturity IMO.

And that pretty much matched my thinking. Super cool, fun, and interesting at the start but how long before you notice the plants and life forms are strikingly similar. Been added to my wishlist to await a sale.

Darkhawke

Im watching it closely , gonna wait a week after release and see how the Public receives it .. Kinda skeptical at this point ...

And it s a single player game............fyi

When I first saw it I thought "Oh that looks like a cool little game from an indy" It just looked clever.  I couldn't understand the hype though.  Once they announced the AAA price tag it felt like they were going for a money grab based on the hype.  

I can not imagine this game is worth the price tag and it's got such unrealistic hype that it's going to be hard to get an honest review from the big sites.  You'll have to to go to some unpaid trusted sources for your game reviews to get the real story.

I'd love it if this game was more amazing then we can dream but I seriously doubt it.  Still I'm watching closely because I love the premise.

Ashenfield

The reviews from players a couple of months after release should tell the tale.

Maybe they could slap Pokémon on the worlds and make a few billion on it either way. :)

Pokémon's Sky?

i was kind of interested, but i just heard that you cant even interact with other players. My daughter bought it, though, so i guess i will get to see what its like before i decide for sure.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-10-no-mans-sky-players-meet-at-the-same-location-but-cant-see-each-other

couldnt get the insert link to work for some reason

I wasnt going to get NMS , was going to wait and see how it was received, But as i was reading all the terrible reviews from people having trouble running it and crashes, I was curious if i could run it ... So ... Bought it .. lol

After messing with the settings just a bit , i have it running nice and CANT STOP PLAYING it wtf :)

Good game , great for the explorer/discoverer with some some well done resource gathering and system (ground /air ) upgrades ....

Now Hello Games needs to pump out some patches to optimize abit , but thats to expected these days ..

Overall so far very enjoyable experience ...

Darkhawke wrote:

Good game , great for the explorer/discoverer with some some well done resource gathering and system (ground /air ) upgrades ....

Will be very interested to see how you feel about it in a couple of weeks :)

Ashenfield wrote:
Darkhawke wrote:

Will be very interested to see how you feel about it in a couple of weeks :)

I think if you love exploring, gathering, harvesting, crafting in MMOs then No Man's Sky may last a long time. A few reviews I have read the people soon discovered the planets and inhabitants started to appear quite similar. Seems to be a certain number of combinations for creatures looks. Thus they start getting bored. Others Get sucked in and seem to not see the similarities on planets.

Torvalis

it was fun for about three hours, then the repetitiveness set in and i quit playing.

No Man's Sky being investigated for false advertising.

Torvalis

yea, i saw that, as well they should be.

Jump to: