Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
painegiver

re: Wurm Unlimited

http://www.wurmonline.com/

Saw this on steam - on sale

Look like they are releasing the MMO as a stand alone game, that you can run for yourself or with friends...anyone interested in trying this?  It could get us all together as it would be essentially free to play, in our own private instance.

game is $26, and we may want to host it if Ash's host is not beefy enough - but I can cover costs, it might be fun to get the gang together again..

from what I'm reading online people really like the crafting and the world modding of this game...

Darkhawke

re: Re: Wurm Unlimited

painegiver wrote:

http://www.wurmonline.com/

Saw this on steam - on sale

Look like they are releasing the MMO as a stand alone game, that you can run for yourself or with friends...anyone interested in trying this?  It could get us all together as it would be essentially free to play, in our own private instance.

game is $26, and we may want to host it if Ash's host is not beefy enough - but I can cover costs, it might be fun to get the gang together again..

from what I'm reading online people really like the crafting and the world modding of this game...

There is alot there to like and i have tryed it 3 or 4 times over the years .. But the interface is dated and cumberosme .. and i never could figure out how to flatten ground to build on .. A simple thing like that shouldnt take an IT degree..

that being said if a few wanted to start a server and learn/build/explore , i would jump in ...

server is up - if you have the Wurm client you can log into "Go Forth and Die" 

you know the password...

I'm testing out amazon web services - this is a windows 2012 "free" instance, 30Gb HDD and 1 GB RAM - it was running pretty good when I logged into it, please kick the tires and let me know - if this works this may be a home for any future games we want to try....I loaded up a seven days to die server as well and it seemed fine...

Darkhawke

Pretty busy this weekend , buying a new house tommorrow ..:) But i will grab the client and get installed...

Hopefully i can figure out how to flatten the ground to build this time

dont see that server on list Pain

So Pain got a Wurm server up and running , was on it tonite and it was running pretty well ..

Dont know how each of you is familiar with Wurm but take some time to watch a couple videos , it really is the Ultimate crafting survival game .. Would be a really interesting game to play for us casually and try to establish a small colony and experience the PVE content Wurm offers .. really is a challenging game with great reward for effort tho ..

Also as this would be our own server , we get a fresh world to build and explore on .. then if we decided Pain could always open to others ..

Hey everyone - give the server a try!  the wurm client is less than $30 and you basically have access to a free MMO

Im running the server as a "small" instance in the AWS cloud - ill run it for a few months and see how expensive it is - my estimate right now is around $10-15 a month - there is a "free" tiny instance but it was just 1 cpu and 1 gb ram - it ran like crap.

Ill also spin up a 7dtd server once the new patch comes out - which could be a while off

if anyone else wants a game server let me know, Id like to test it out here....it took some time to get everything setup, but now that I have everything in place, this is much more convenient than running it on hardware from home

Not trying to steal your thunder Ash - this is just an experiment for me, if costs get too high we may just default back to your personal host...ill let this run until at least end of year and go from there...

Darkhawke

have you found any place to mine or iron ore at all Pain .?

painegiver wrote:

Not trying to steal your thunder Ash - this is just an experiment for me, if costs get too high we may just default back to your personal host...ill let this run until at least end of year and go from there...

Steal away! :)

Nice to have someone else to do it too.  If you need/want any help with anything let me know. :)

Jump to: