Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Dizzarian

re: EQ2 New Progression Servers From the Beginning.. Who's in?

Oh man I'm excited for this.  I've been hoping they'd do this for a long time and it's finally happening

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/time-locked-expansion-server-faq-june-16.560924/

We could play eq2 like it was day 1 and they will gradually release expansions.  It requires a station pass subscription which I know rico and I have. 

Who else is going to join us?  We can start figuring things out now if there's interest.

Spidubic

I was just thinking today of updating EQ2 and having a look. See if I can get back into the game. For it being one of my most favorite MMOs I am really not overly fond of my Monk. I love him for Feign Death as that has gotten me out of trouble so many times. But his play style is a little boring. I have so much invested in him though that I could never drop him as my main.

Darkhawke

Im all in ... have kept my Station Pass running .. and would be a great time , I been playin EQ2 sporadically , and i know Saff has still been playin also .. Havent caught her online in a bit .. but she is playing regularly.. So pretty sure she would jump in with us..

Spidubic wrote:

I was just thinking today of updating EQ2 and having a look. See if I can get back into the game. For it being one of my most favorite MMOs I am really not overly fond of my Monk. I love him for Feign Death as that has gotten me out of trouble so many times. But his play style is a little boring. I have so much invested in him though that I could never drop him as my main.

You should roll a beastmaster on the new server .. you would like it

doesn't sound like they'll have beastmaster to start on that server till it's unlocked.  But it is a great class.

I'll be trying to decide what I want to start with depending on what all we have.  If we don't have a tank I might roll that to start.

Spidubic

Have a Beastmaster. Like him quite a bit.

Darkhawke

Dizzarian wrote:

doesn't sound like they'll have beastmaster to start on that server till it's unlocked.  But it is a great class.

I'll be trying to decide what I want to start with depending on what all we have.  If we don't have a tank I might roll that to start.

right .. forgot that ... Ill be going with Defiler .. on the new server..

ohh this is gettin to good .. servers open July 7th .. my birthday .. and wife and kid will be in Myrtle Beach on vacation .. Woooot

I'll probably be rolling a SK then unless we have another tank jump in.  If we do then I'll be going some other dps.

Darkhawke

Servers are live , for the BEta at this point .. testing should only be 2-4 weeks .. then live ... Need to change to Beta in advanced tool options on Launcher to get required files .. Gonna run a Ratonga Defiler for testing and Live .. name not chosen yet .. will upate .. Also stater town of Neriak

servers live 7/21

The new server is fun and they brought back isle of refuge.  

I've started a new let's play with it 

Darkhawke

Nice job Dizz.. you going to continue with the Lets Play as you progress or was it just for the kik off..

I madea Ratonga Defiler but dam every time i roll evil i feel like i should be killin the npcs .. and start to feel a discoonecct.. Also rolled a templar ..and gonna roll a range tonite if i get time ..

The plan is to do my whole progression through so there's a lot of videos to come.

You're too goody goody :P

Darkhawke

fun .. just plain fun , I have gotten my Templar to lvl 12 , and its everything you would hope an EQ adventure would be .. With many of the systems turned back to launch they have a great balance , of challenge and adventure , Great to see Norrath this alive and chats buzzing with all the low dunegeon activity , a great game gets another life ...

This game held the Defenders richest history , and im just alil disapointed at so lil interest/activity .. here is a Real chance to relive a great time in gaming and our history .. But it seems it will be left to slip[ away again by some ....EQ2 in this state still stands as one of the best MMORPG adventures on the market .. mystery ,challenge depth and death await .. the chance to accomplish great deeds and die with style .. dont waste it

Much as I love EQII which is to this day the game with the most hours ingame you will not see me playing on the new servers. Sadly my internet seems to hate gaming. Wife can watch as many videos as she wants but when I try to game the whole thing seems to tank. And Sunday nights seem to be the worst where the internet will just slow to a crawl and then implode. Other days of the week it may be fine and work perfectly. But to pay for a game that I may or may not be able to play when I want, not gonna happen. Have looked at other internet options but they involve satellite which would be even worse for online gaming. And their reputation is for reliability is not so great. Thus when it comes to MMO's I will not be showing up to party.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> EQ2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: