Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashenfield

re: Thoughts on the Wild Hunt

So after a few days of this, I'm giving it my patented Ashenfield Seal of Approval™

Lots to do in this huge world so far.

The main quests are fun and dynamic.   Lots of epic fights that make for a fun trip though the quests.  (Caveat, I'm still only level 6 and nowhere near complete)

Side quests are well fleshed out as well including some good backstory to each.  

Points of interest are scattered throughout the world with lots of opportunity to find bits of loot to keep you wanting more.  It's not as loot heavy as something like Diablo, but there is enough thrown at you to keep you checking your inventory for an upgrade from time to time.

There is a tonne of crafting and alchemy possibility.  It's all based on recipes you find so there is no tinkering with ingredients to find a particular effect.  This could be good or bad depending on what you are looking for in crafting.

It's not bug free, that's a given.  I've encountered some bugged AI from time to time, but it's relatively rare from what I've seen.

The story is engaging enough that I rarely feel the urge to skip over the cut scenes.  Occasionally it can drag on a little longer than I normally like, particularly as you are starting out in the game; but it's tolerable due to general quality of the story.

The progression system is good, with a good mix of ways to build out your character.  Ultimately you are always going to be swinging your sword and casting spells; there's not really a way to go full melee or full caster from what I've seen.  However, the way that default mix is ultimately balanced is up to you.

Oh, and it's gorgeous.  One of the most visually stunning games I've played.  I'm amazed at the amount of detail I'm finding in the world.

I expect to be exploring this world for a good while.  I think they pulled off a winner.

Based on what I've seen so far, I'd give it an 8.5/10.

Thanks for the review!  It's not as glowing as I expect just seems like a solid, beautiful game.   Is this similar to skyrim, Divinity 2 or something else.   Is it open world or rails?

Ashenfield

It's open world.  Tonnes of points of interest, side quests, and little bits to be found.

Haven't played divinity 2 but you can draw comparison to Skyrim, though I hesitate to do so.  They are very different games and I wouldn't want anyone going in expecting a Skyrim 2 experience.

The stories are well told, and even the side quests seem to have good stories behind them.

Leveling is slow and steady, some feel it's a bit too slow but I don't mind the pace.

I think you would enjoy it.

i've almost finished the game, lol. it is awesome, and well worth it. great story/missions and the open world/side quests part is great fun as well. very solid, well done game over all.

Jump to: