Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidubic

re: Game explosion!

After installing the new Carmageddon I received an e-mail about World of Tanks March push going on and decided to reinstall it. EuroTruck 2 has also see a revival of my interest. From there I decided to reinstall STO and see what is happening in the Star Trek universe. What next? EQ2? WoW? Crazy. Also discovered over the weekend my notebook has surpassed my main computer for gaming power. It runs Farm Sim 15 fine whereas my tower struggles. Who would have ever imagined my main gaming tower would be obsolete? Looks like this year it may be time to upgrade. It is running a first gen Intel Core CPU which has to be getting on 5-6 years old. Doh!

Torvalis

i am kinda in the same boat, trying to slowly buy the parts for an upgrade!

Game Explosion now includes Marvel Heroes 2015. I had an account from way back in 2013 but never installed or even attempted to play. No idea why. So far it is pretty fun. No idea how long I will dabble with it. Bouncing around through the free characters now trying them out and seeing who I like.

Torvalis

So, i finally got those pc upgrades! new mb asrock 970 extreme 2.0, new cpu amd fx 6300 black edition (oc to 4 ghz), and new ram  g skill 1866 8gb (i had 4gb of 1066 before). same graphics card, geforce 760 gtx, and the samsung 840 evo ssd i already had. it runs everything i have, with about 20-25 more fps than previously.

I have put a bit more time into elite: dangerous, which i have reinstalled. i watched a bunch of tutorials on youtube, and now that i have a better understanding of how a lot of the mechanics work, i am having a good bit of fun. just waiting on witcher 3, which will drop next month, and playing some pillars of eternity, as well (which is great, btw!).

How is everyone, and what are you playing/doing?! Any upcoming games you are excited about?

Congrats on the pc upgrade :)  It's my favourite time of the year.  If only it happened yearly... :)

I'm mostly re-addicted to 7 days to die at the moment.  :)

oh yeah? anything cool with the new patch?

New rendering engine is pretty cool.  Some visual perks including some new HD textures.

Item quality was introduced so when you craft something you get a range of possible results that is dependent on your character level.   Item quality is your level X 10 plus or minus a random  amount of 50. So at level 10 you will make a 50 to 150 quality range item. So recraft your cloth armor for better stuff, recraft your stone axe for a better one, etc.

There are a number of weapons and craftables that have been changed/added.

Overall it's a bit tougher to get going but fun.

When starting out, never ever melee.  Make a bow and some arrows.  Basically with sticks plant fibres and stones you are good for a ranged game.

Full info on the update is here.

Ashenfield wrote:

New rendering engine is pretty cool.  Some visual perks including some new HD textures.

That pretty much killed my ability to play. :(

Ashenfield

Disagree!

Your lack of dedication to constant hardware upgrades killed your ability to play!  ;)

Ashenfield wrote:

Disagree!

Your lack of dedication to constant hardware upgrades killed your ability to play!  ;)

True. Although my notebook is an upgrade and plays other games fine. Computer downstairs has been neglected simply due to being too cold in the winter to play and come summer I don't like being in the basement when I could be upstairs. Other than a 256 gig Samsung SSD and the Level 10 case it has not been upgraded in years. Still running an original Core i7 and motherboard which has to be 5 years old along with a 3 year old video card. Tis in a sad state. Looking to upgrade in the Fall but we shall see when the time comes.

Torvalis

your lack of upgrades is disturbing!

Jump to: