Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidubic

re: SOE is now DGC

Looks like Sony has sold off Sony Online Entertainment to some investment firm. I am thinking not good news for any SOE games.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/2/7963995/sony-online-entertainment-sold-off-by-sony-renamed-daybreak-game

Dizzarian

Yah Smedley is spinning this as good but I have my doubts.  Often in these situations you don't know the real outcome for 3 months to a year.  Hopefully it really is good and we'll see eq 3 but I've had doubts on that for a while when they kind of stopped talking about eq3 and focused so much on landmark.  Felt like a bait and switch.

Torvalis

i dont know what to think about it, yet. hopefully it is good, though, only time will tell.

well, here goes the first round of firings, looks like they have pretty much gutted EQ:N

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/427481/page/1

EQ2 lost a few people as well. Does not bode well for SOE games. Perhaps I should return to EQ2 and have a last look around and get some screen shots. Just in case. :(

Darkhawke

i wouldnt worry about EQ1 or 2 , DCU online etc .. these games are the only income that Daybreak got from the purchase of SOE .. as far as layoffs .. it does look bad from the outside .. but I believe this is there way of just trimming the fat that SOE was wasting alot of resources on .... Altho i would expect Landmark to continue development as it is well along and fun .. EQ NExt may be in trouble as we have seen nothing in a very long time .. Which the silence now makes sense as this deal has been in the works for quite awhile ...

As far as returning to EQ2 if you look at the last thread on this page i recently went back grabbed AoM exp and was quite a good time .. Burt it drew no interest from this group .. Would be odd to return just because you think it is shutting down to me .. Its still a great game and set perfectly for a small group like ours .. But there is always to much of a problem getting anyone to commit to any game for a number of reasons (excuses) ... But i digress:)  

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: