Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidubic

re: Farm Simulator 2013

I have had this game for a while. Pirated it at first and had a blast. When I realized it was on Steam I grabbed it. The fun I got out of the pirated version was worth the investment in the game. Then I got bored with it. A few weeks ago I started dabbling in it again. Decided maybe last time I went for the biggest and the best equipment first and that bored me out. So this time I started with the basics and it was fun. But the maps I tried while okay had issues I did not like. Things I wished were moved, not there, or more of them. SO I started looking into maps other players had made. All were good but lacked something. The company that made FS2013 also has an editor for the game parts including maps. I took a map that was close to what I wanted and started playing. A tweak here a tweak there and it was starting to be my map. Then I added a More Realistic mod which  makes the vehicles behave more realistic and not so arcade like.

If you love to craft and do the mundane boring repetitive things in games and like farms then give FS2013 a try. Definitely not for everyone. If you have no farming background or don't love big tractors and equipment then pass. Otherwise enjoy! First game in a long long time I have stayed up late playing. Several 2:30am nights and a couple of 4am.

Darkhawke

Noticed you banking alot of hours in Farm Sim .. dont look like something i would get into .. but awesome you are having fun with it Amok ..

It is definitely not for everyone. I think most people who play are in Europe. Also sorry for not reply to Steam messages Rico. I don't notice them till I log out of the game. By then it is too late.

As for what I am growing I am doing a little bit of everything. Will post some pics at some point.

Whatever amount of time I have played FS2013 you can add that much time to editing the maps. That alone is a big reason it has stuck with me. Being able to actually take a map and make it your own is awesome.

Torvalis

i can't say it would be something i am interested in, even with a farm background, growing up. i am looking forward to destiny here in the near future, though! glad you are having fun with it!

can you grow some pot?  And do the sheep quiet down when you walk by?

it looks like there is a FarmSim 2015 headed your way this fall...

http://farmingsimulator-2015.com/

ive seen a lot of joke videos using farming simulator - this is my favorite - if the game was like this video you could not pry me from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEJHrmliVQw

Spidubic

Sadly no pot growing. Not even a mod for it. LOL

I am still not sure why it is grabbing me so hard. Maybe from growing up playing with hot wheels and matchbox cars? Liking big farm and construction equipment and getting to be around it a fair bit. It is a lot like crafting in most MMOs. Tedious and boring repetitive jobs. Then again I loved crafting and harvesting in MMOs. According to Steam I have played 252 hours. I think this is the most involved and excited I have been for a game in years. As for FS2015 I will mostly likely get it but right now FS2013 has tons of mods and addons so it will be hard to play a new game when it does not have that yet.

Spidubic

Looks like summer is coming to an end. Cooler weather and shorter days.

Still playing FS2013. Have had several nights where I went to bed at 2am and a couple where it was 4am. Still not sure why it is so addictive to me. I think the original AC2 was the last time a game grabbed me like this.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: