Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidubic

re: It had to be done (Return to WoW)

I had to do it. Amokk has made his long awaited return to World of Warcraft. The urge has been there for month. I had a 10 day trial on December but the bags of unknown crap and full bank scared me away. Still there was something pulling me to come back. So I upgraded my account to Mists of Pandaria and subbed for a month. I have really missed my Druid and was excited at some changes. The talent trees have been dumbed right down which is sad. Now you choose your specialization which gets you certain skills then every 15 levels you get to choose from 3 skills. No more trees to put points in which is a bit of a bummer. On the plus side I have a glyph now that allows mana free shapeshifting which has been great. There are new pets to gain that you fight and level. Daily quests galore. New lands to explore. So many things to learn and relearn. The fun and excitement may only last for a month or maybe longer but the main thing is I am having fun in an MMO again.

Last edited by Spidubic on 2014/02/06 9:12; edited 1 time in total
Darkhawke

happy you found some fun Spid

For the first time in two years Amokk my Druid has leveled. Hit 84 the other night and closing in on 85. Would be faster but I am also sorting bank space on Amokk and his alts. Much like last time I rejoined after Cataclysm I spent some time wandering the old starting lands to relive the past. Barrens has changed a lot but Crossroads is still alive and kicking. Also did some Archeology which is a time passer more than anything. And Pet battles which are new and for the moment interesting. No idea how long my interest will stay but for now WoW is just fun and relaxing.

Spidubic

I have to say hitting 85 is like a rocketship. At 85 I have moved to Pandaria and in one night hit 86 and replaced all my gear. The new gear has boosted all my stats by 50% or more. Holy crap!
Darkhawke

I thought i read that the npcs are getting a graphic overhaul soon also

Ding 87! Holy crap they ramped up the XP and everything in Pandaria.

All the character models are getting updates. Not sure if that is before the next expansion or with it.

Spidubic

After a lot of debating I made a major crafting/gathering change on Amokk last night. He was 500 Mining and 475 Jewelcrafter but JC was just not cutting it for me. I no longer have armor with sockets and since I am doing fine without the high end gear it makes Jewelcrafting useless to me. So after much back and forth I dumped both and took up Herbalism which as a Druid gets a boost and then took Inscription. I could have taken Alchemy but I never think of using potions so again pretty useless to me. Inscription may be equally useless but we shall see. Downside is a lot of low level gathering is in my future to get back to where I was with Mining and Jewelcrafting. Added bonus with Herbalism is I don't need to change out of bird mode to gather.
Darkhawke

I will try to hget some leather armors made and dropped in GB when its done , ill let you know here..

Inscription is great for the glyphs as some of them go for big gold on the ah ...

Had to try something different. Jewelcrafting was getting to feel like I was using a lot of material for little gain. Nothing I made sold on the AH and I could not use the items either. Inscription/Herbalism has made crafting fun again. Just started and have already made a Glyph I could use as well as have a few on AH that may sell for a decent price.

Spidubic

Well it has taken a long long time but I finally got my inventory on all mu characters straightened out and sorted. Each character now has all the crafting materials for their profession in their bank. Now if I need any items I know exactly what I have rather than it being all over the place.

Darkhawke

lmao .. i imagine so , i was gettin dizzy watchin you log in and out with all those alts

I had not planned to hit 90 so soon but in Pandaria it is hard not to level. Of course one BIG bonus to hitting 90 is being able to fly in Pandaria. It is amazing how you get use to being able to fly places and how convenient it is. Downside is it cost 2500 gold to learn the skill. Freaking all the gold I made leveling since I got back...........gone, poof! Also got Inscription to the cap, 600. And Herbalism is not far behind. There is so much to do. You could spend all your time doing daily quests there are that many.
Darkhawke

Been having such a good time in D3 i havent gotten in much wow at all  will get back in over the weekend

I have really only been dabbling in WoW lately. I love my Druid so much it is hard to really play another class. But I am pushing a Monk (17) and a Shaman (30) up the levels. Have a Warlock (44) and a Hunter (43) that I have been playing a little as well. None are really grabbing me. Plus there is simply so much to do on one character that it is hard to find the time to push an alt let alone a few alts.
Spidubic

So I have cancelled WoW.Playtime was way down to the point it was not worth it to me to continue the sub which was due in three days. I LOVE my Druid and no other class comes close to what he can do so playing alts gets boring quick. While there is a ton to do in game I am finding other things to occupy my time. So it is good bye to WoW for now. It was a fun couple of months but it is time to move on.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> MMO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: