Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dizzarian

re: 2013 Retrospective

Happy New Year Defenders!

What a great year!  Not only was it a great year for games it was a great year for the Defenders as well. 

We started the year with a pledge to have consistent weekly guild nights and for a majority the year we stuck to it and had some very fun guild nights.  We played many games including PoE, Neverwinter, EQ2 and even a little lotro at the end of the year.  During that time we died to several dragons, had epic chest drop nights and many many defender style deaths!

In looking back I'd have to say our #1 MMO this year was EQ2.  EQ2 has consistently provided us great guild nights because it allows us to mentor down to the lowest member and there is so much content that there is always something new and fun to do.  I know we will be playing it more in the coming year.

There really wasn't any big MMOs this year.  The only releases were

• PoE - Great great game but not really an MMO
  • Neverwinter - Good game but not a lot of depth.  I think we will probably play this more this year.
  • Defiance - Action based with little depth.  Might be worth a relook if it survives.
  • FFXIV - I'm pretty sure I'm the only one to play it and understandably so.  Still it's a pretty good game and I think I might go back to it when it comes out on the ps4

As far as single player games I didn't get to play as many as I would have liked but here's the highlights for me.

• Tomb Raider - I played this on my PS3 and LOVED it.  I can't believe I loved a tomb raider game but the story was compelling and environment was great.  If you don't mind a liner story I highly suggest it.
  • The Wolf Among Us - Just played this the other night and it's so good. It's a liner story playing game but if you like comics (it's based on fable) or like these type of games it's a good one.  TellTale games is getting better at their craft.
  • Bioshock Infinite - Another liner play, it's good, and I'd say it's an important game but I was ready for it be over by the end.
  • Don't Starve - Awesome game, I think we've all tried it and died terribly lol
  • X-Com: Enemy With - Such a great return to an old game.  I really thought they'd screw this game up but they didn't and I loved it.
  • Kerbal Space Program -  This is geeky fun.  It's not everyone's cup of tea and it's not done but I was surprised how quickly this game sucked me in.

This year could be another big year for MMOs.  We know for sure Elder Scrolls Online will be out, Wildstar, and of course lets all hope for EQ Next to be released.

So what was your best played games this year?  What are you looking forward to next?

Here's to another great year, see you all on guild night.

Torvalis

i really like the wolf among us, as well. cant wait for the next episode.

2013 was a mixed bag for me. EQ2 finally pulled me back in after an extended leave. I dabbled in many other MMO's but never really finding a reason to stay. Single player PC gaming was pretty much non-existent due to RL being busy and other hobbies. For 2014 I hope to play more MMO and single player as well as have the Guild night grow bigger.

Flovilus

Lolz about the only good game I found was Roblox!

Certainly had some fun this past year :)

While I wasn't able to join in across the board what we have done has been great.

Looking forward to another year.

Spent a fair bit of time in PoE this year,  dabbled with EQ2, died horribly in Don't Starve, some retro fun in Farcry Blood Dragon, and somehow got myself re-hooked on Skyrim thanks to steam sales.

Just bought into the Trove bandwagon from Trion, hoping for an alpha invite soon.  Looks like it will be a fun one for lovers of the voxel genre. :)

Defenders MMO of 2014!

Farm Simulator 2013

We can all farm together! Ash can host the server and then we all jump in and start farming. Its a surefire hit!

LOL

Darkhawke

Spidubic wrote:

Defenders MMO of 2014!

Farm Simulator 2013

We can all farm together! Ash can host the server and then we all jump in and start farming. Its a surefire hit!

LOL

hmmm .. i dont think you will be able to tear Dizz from his Asian Gold Farmers he already manages

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: