Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidubic

re: My Dog Sebastian

Figured I would start a thread for updates as he seems to be up and down. I guess maybe a month ago Sebastian stopped eating and became lethargic. We thought blockage of his intestines when we took him to the vet. X-rays showed no blockages. But blood tests showed his platelets were 54 where the normal low is 200. Antibiotics and Prednesone were given and he seemed to respond very slightly. Platelets went up to 120 and he started eating again. The next test showed no change in platelets. The next they were up to 170. He seemed more himself but not quite. More blood tests showed his liver function was fine. Last blood test his platelets were back down to 124. Vet felt his immune system has turned against the body, Immune-Mediated Thrombocytopenia. Wants to do a Coomb's test now to see if Sebastian has Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia.

Sebastian while having little energy still gets excited when it is meal time. Wants to go to the farm with us, still doing his routine when he thinks we are going. Digs into his food like he always has. But he is just not quite Sebastian. You know something is still off. We are slowly running out of options. Every time we think he has improved he takes a step back. There is no definitive cause of either above problems and the prognosis is not great. We keep going hoping he will turn the corner but I think both Jennifer and I know it may be just a matter of time before we have to make the decision. Which would have been hard if he was 10-12 years old and near his life expectancy. But he is 4 1/2, still lots of life left. We have known him since he was 2 days old and he has never left our side since he was 2-3 months old.
Darkhawke

re: My Dog Sebastian

Boy i hope he comes around for you Amokk... keep us posted..

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: