Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Spidubic

re: EQ2 - no place like home

Three bars from 85 on Ogek. Could likely level faster but am banging out City Writs to help the guild level. Really wish I could have stuck with EQ2 and not got pulled in by other MMOs. Who lows where I could have had alts and crafters by now.
Spidubic

Mercenaries:

I have attempted to play Ogek without Mercs in zones of appropriate level. He can do it but he is not happy. For a leather wearing tank he ends most single target fights at about 25% health. Gangs of mobs require use of his heal every time. I use to be able to rip through mobs almost nonstop. Pop my heal they he got to 35% health and that would fill my bar and but the time Ogek hit 35% health again his heal would be ready.

Same zones with the Merc out are cake. Never any worry of death. And my Templar Merc actually kills faster than me! We rip through yellow mobs like a flaming torch through a paper bag. Have actually killed two yellow Hero mobs and those fights were still fairly easy. Seems like Sony added the cool feature of Mercs then made the content harder to compensate. Last time I played Mercs had just been introduced and I remember only using the Mercs on hard quests. Now they seem required and perhaps overpowered.
Spidubic

Level 86 was an awesome level to reach. the quests I had been doing all had level 86 rewards so when I hit 86 last night I had several pieces of armor and trinkets waiting. And then of course it meant I can head to Velious and start doing quests that offer Legendary items. envy Of course I need to grab a couple of levels on my Alchemist so I can make the new spells Ogek received.
Torvalis

i dont even have a merc on my templar, or know where to get one. i have no problems soloing without it.

I never had a problem till the last time I played, past level 80, in the Sundered Frontier I think. Suddenly I was not doing as much damage as I was, fights took longer, I seem to get hit more and take more damage. Instead of using my heal every three or four fights I was now using it every fight. Rather than moving from one mob to the next in a nice rhythm I was now having to stop every couple and heal up. Even today fighting even level mobs in Velious I have a tough time without my Merc. I know my Monk has had a long standing issue being an avoidance tank so I know my damage is not Mage level but it still seems low. And I don't avoid that much either so I am taking damage. I have mentioned before that my Templar Merc actually kills faster than me. I should really be following him.
Spidubic

Ding 87! First Velious and I must say the loot is phenomenal. Legendary it pretty much the only loot level. But then again it makes sense as you have to subscribe in order to wear Legendary items and if that is all they give you post 85 then what choice do you have but to sub?
Spidubic

XP is coming hard and fast. Three bars to 88. And dinging AA at every corner. Almost too much to do. I grabbed a few quests in one area and as I am out doing them I I e new quest givers. Their quests lead me to another area and even more quests. Hard to keep them all straight.
Darkhawke

Spidubic wrote:
XP is coming hard and fast. Three bars to 88. And dinging AA at every corner. Almost too much to do. I grabbed a few quests in one area and as I am out doing them I I e new quest givers. Their quests lead me to another area and even more quests. Hard to keep them all straight.

what i do at that point is put AA exp to 100% , finiosh the quests in an area then move on and adjust AA .. as a i go... You need the AA exp and you wont out lvl content that way...

I am actually dialling AA XP back till level 90. At 90 you can claim at charm that gives you 280 AA points. If I read it right. After that I will start playing with the AA XP.
Darkhawke

Spidubic wrote:
I am actually dialling AA XP back till level 90. At 90 you can claim at charm that gives you 280 AA points. If I read it right. After that I will start playing with the AA XP.

heh , forgot about that, and i just did it ../
And i get tha , but also dont like out levling content as soon as istart seein blues in an area i dial back to 0 xp

Darkhawke wrote:
as soon as istart seein blues in an area i dial back to 0 xp

So far I have been lucky leveling. Everywhere I go things are white and yellow with the odd orange. When I hit Velious I was 86 and doing 86-87 quests. These ran out and I started doing 88-89. Since I hit 87 I have been doing level 90 quests. Not sure if that will screw me later or not. We shall see. I have experienced how overpowered my Merc is as on two occasions now I have fought a level 92 orange Heroic mob and won. Ornate chest and all.
Spidubic

Ogek has hit the magical level of 90. One expansion too late to be level capped. Redid his AAA points, suited him up with all the level 90 items he had gathered along the way. Ogek is all set and ready to dive into the 90+ content. Later.

Amokk my level 70 Conjuror is also ready to rip into the 70+ content. But he might wait as well. Although I would love to get him to 80.

Feymokk my 40 Fury is itching to get to 50 but I have not played her in years and would need to relearn everything.

Darkstryder my level 34 Beastlord is next on the list to level. Really want to get him to 40 and maybe higher.
Spidubic

Ogek has been wandering the Eastern Wastes for a couple of levels now and always had an abundance of quests to do. Well, till he hit 90 then they seemed to fall off. I knew he was ready for a new land but there was nothing that seemed to lead to a new land. Did not matter as I was keen on leveling my BL. Then today I am looking into a crafting quest and when I arrive at the Great Divide I find a new quest near a Griffen. Whoo hoo! It leads to the Withered Lands! So looks like Ogek is now ready to move on.

I love this game.
Spidubic

Of course being EQ2 I don't rush off to the Withered Lands but end up off on some crafting quest that is 75 levels below me just because. It is times like this that makes me remember why I keep coming back to EQ2. The initial return is always painful as there is so much to do and relearn that you feel overwhelmed. But then a week or so in it all floods back and you start doing what you should be doing.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> EQ2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: