Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkhawke

re: Of EQNext and EQ2

EQNext is just around the corner much closer than you may think , keep an eye on 8/2 as a mass amount of info will be released including in game footage ,Content, Classes/Races ,World info, Game mechanics etc...

The timetable will be very fast as beta will open in Sept , they will be shooting for a Holiday release or very latest 1st qtr 2014...

So with that in mind i have made a return to EQ2 as it may really be a last hoorah here .. having a great time on Antoni BAlye server on my Beastlord .. Revisiting Norrath is always a pleasure and brings great fun and challenge..

I should try and go back to EQ2. It was one of my all time favourite MMOs. It has jsut gotten so big I feel overwhelmed when I log in. It was probably the one MMO I got massively invested in alts and crafting. Several high levels toons as well as several high level crafters. Don't think there was a craft I did not have. Of course the best part for crafters was being able to gather everything on every alt.
Darkhawke

Me and Dizz have been foolin around with some noobs on Antonio Bayle.. But i could jump on Unrest also .. if we were going to play it again as a group..

Likely not going to happen in the near future. My gaming time has been zero for the last month and will likely continue through the rest of the Summer and into Fall. A ton of real life stuff occupying my time at the moment and no game really grabbing my attention. Can't see me playing any type of game till winter.
Darkhawke

hit lvl 50 on my Beastlord , compleltly absorbed into Norrath again , still a great game and argueably top 3 made to date ..

Well two gigs worth of updates later I have an unplayable game. Two computers with two separate updates and EQ2 crashes on both. Attempted a couple of fixes but to no avail. So I am ready to get back in EQ2 to at least look around but apparently EQ2 does not want me.
Darkhawke

just run the Streaming clent .. you will be in game in 5 minutes

https://launch.soe.com/eq2/

Well that got me in the game no problem. May leave it running here at work to download as much as possible since streaming the updates as I zone at home is not going to make for a very fun night. Logged into Ogek my level 83 and realized why I have not played in a while. All my AA points and such have been refunded so I need to redo them. Skills have changed, my hotbar is a mass of skills I need to relearn. So many things I need to go over and get use to again. Ugh. And it looks like I am out of character slots. Can't log in my Beastlord or even make a new character on AB until I either delete a character (not going to happen) or buy some slots.

no comment
Darkhawke

If you are gonna start playing i am sure if you wanted to me and Dizz could jump on Unrest also , Lithe is also playing ojn AB but has toons on Unrest also ..Let us know..

I am going to leave the download running here overnight to get the game all updated then I will take it home and make sure it runs first then decide what I am doing. I really want to give my Beastlord another run so I might give in and buy a character slot. He is level 31 so far enough along to be fun but not so far as to be overwhelming. Plus he will be in areas I have played through a dozen times before.
Spidubic

Of all the things in EQ2 I think I miss my house the most. Spent some time in it this morning. Housing is so cool in EQ2. So many things to decorate with. No other game has really even come close. Rift dimensions are cool and in the long run have more options to build stuff but the interface is a royal pain to use.

On another note I remembered another reason I have not returned. Ogek has several armor items that he cannot equip without a sub. Which is fine. But one of the things that has kept me from playing him. Along with the fact he has so many skills and things I would need to relearn.

I have two options. I can resub for a month which gives Ogek his weapons back and allows me to play my BL. Or I can just buy a character slot for my BL. Not sure which way I want to go as I am not sure I can devote the time to EQ2 right now. So the character slot might be the best option.
Ashenfield

Quote:
I have two options. I can resub for a month which gives Ogek his weapons back and allows me to play my BL. Or I can just buy a character slot for my BL. Not sure which way I want to go as I am not sure I can devote the time to EQ2 right now. So the character slot might be the best option.

If you haven't already used it, there is a free character slot item in one of the /claim packs.

BL is unlocked! Then I had to deal with a Thundering Steppes issue where I could not log in any characters that were in TS. So now I just need to take time to figure out what I am doing.

All my character slots are full by the way so no adding a character to play on AB. Oh well.
Darkhawke

Just suib the game is well worth it and you know that .. Also anyone one that is subbed gets the Gold Rush buff thru September which gives 10% Gold,Mount Speed ,Adv Exp ,Craft exp etc....

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: